System emails setup support tickets

tintisha

Hi,

Whenever our WHMCS system sends a system email (like order confirmation, or failed login attempt), it seems to send that email to one of our support departments too... so a ticket gets created.

This means we receive the initial system email, plus a support ticket for the same thing.

I have looked everywhere, and cannot see where we have set this to happen. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Rich

Hi,

Whenever our WHMCS system sends a system email (like order confirmation, or failed login attempt), it seems to send that email to one of our support departments too... so a ticket gets created.

This means we receive the initial system email, plus a support ticket for the same thing.

I have looked everywhere, and cannot see where we have set this to happen. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Rich

It sends to the email address of each administrator account. If you edit your administrator account email you can make it be one where it won't send tickets.

Its also in the email template themselves, i would think that you have set an email to (also send to this email) you will likely find that email is your support email. If you wish to send them to yourself also, then create an email account that is dedicated for this purpose and make the changes in all of the email templates.

I had something similar when a client paid an invoice, google checkout sent an email to my support department. oddly google uses the email you provide for support as the notice email. a very odd practice but hey.

Edited by disgruntled

I had to change the email of my admin account from "support" to my personal one "petermdodge" and then the CRON and new ticket/response/order notices went to that account instead of support.

Sorry i was off editing, you will likely see i do that a lot lol. Yes two places can trigger the support tickets, well 3 if you include backwards gateways lol/

The administrators accounts should never match the support department in any case simply because it messes everything up. You can ofcourse receive emails that get sent to the support department just by setting up your mail client. unless you use bad mojo and heaven forbid drop all emails after import.... no no no you never do that. manual delete lol

Edited by disgruntled