Any credit card processors that offer complete integration?

AKA_DK

Currently we're using Quantum Gateway which doesn't seem to have many integration possibilities.

Is there any credit card processors that offer you a way to either completely integrate inside of your site (probably not given PCI compliance) or the option to completely customize the processing site so that it seems that you never actually leave the billing system?

Thanks

Authorize.net, CDG, etc. Not to turn this into a self promotion, but I recently wrote a module for Samurai payment gateway thats in my sig.

One thing you want to take a look at is what level of PCI you're prepared to contend with. Using gateways like paypal, 2checkout, and presumably Quantum as you stated, the PCI requirements are very low, as none of the data is stored or transmitted on your system.

Using a system like Authorize.net (not Authorize.Net CIM), the credit card info is both stored and transmitted on your system. Meaning the PCI requirements are much higher.

The middle ground, is something like Authorize.Net CIM, or the aforementioned Samurai gateway. They use a token system to store the credit cards on the processors system, and only use your system as an intermediary. Your local system simply stores a "token" in the database that is used to communicate with the gateway and pass a charge through. The card number itself is stored securely in a PCI compliant database ran by the processor. The PCI requirements are much lower, but you still maintain control over the transaction and the user never leaves your site.

Authorize.Net CIM is fairly expensive. I believe its about $20/month for the standard Authorize.Net subscription, plus another $20/month for their "CIM" service. Samurai is much cheaper, Its $25 out the door including the merchant, gateway, and token service.

Theres obviously a number of other options, but these are just ones I've had direct contact with.

Hope this helps!

I don't suppose you would have any examples of Samurai in action? Sounds excellent.

Sent you a PM. (edit: nevermind, got a little ahead of myself ;))

Authorize.net, CDG, etc. Not to turn this into a self promotion, but I recently wrote a module for Samurai payment gateway thats in my sig.

One thing you want to take a look at is what level of PCI you're prepared to contend with. Using gateways like paypal, 2checkout, and presumably Quantum as you stated, the PCI requirements are very low, as none of the data is stored or transmitted on your system.

Using a system like Authorize.net (not Authorize.Net CIM), the credit card info is both stored and transmitted on your system. Meaning the PCI requirements are much higher.

The middle ground, is something like Authorize.Net CIM, or the aforementioned Samurai gateway. They use a token system to store the credit cards on the processors system, and only use your system as an intermediary. Your local system simply stores a "token" in the database that is used to communicate with the gateway and pass a charge through. The card number itself is stored securely in a PCI compliant database ran by the processor. The PCI requirements are much lower, but you still maintain control over the transaction and the user never leaves your site.

Authorize.Net CIM is fairly expensive. I believe its about $20/month for the standard Authorize.Net subscription, plus another $20/month for their "CIM" service. Samurai is much cheaper, Its $25 out the door including the merchant, gateway, and token service.

Theres obviously a number of other options, but these are just ones I've had direct contact with.

Hope this helps!

Edited by AKA_DK

I don't suppose you would have any examples of Samurai in action? Sounds excellent.

Sent you a PM. (edit: nevermind, got a little ahead of myself ;))

It does everything behind the scenes, after you enter your credit card number in the cart, it simply processes it in the back ground and returns you to the confirmation page in WHMCS.

Theres not really much to show.