Module: (Digitally) Signed Invoices!

Fantastic add-on; I just wish it'll finally work properly. Is anyone else having issues with the new version? The nightly WHMCS cron job fails to complete at the point where the invoice reminders are sent.

I've already opened a ticket regarding this issue at franksworld.org, but there's still no reaction after over a week... :-( Had to uninstall it for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I don't have WHMCS yet, but I searched a module, that have a function to sign invoices.

I was so free and I translated completely in German, I hope, that's ok. I couldn't test it yet, but the code is in original but the strings are translated now.

The following files are translated:

README.txt renamed to LIESMICH.txt

si_include.php

signedinvoices.php

Download (~4 KB tar.gz archive)

(MD5: 2b3a15afbe534be18356a49b827370de)

(SHA-1: da86ecdd27fd27e2211313f2de8b78b38cd973b1)

/https://dl.dropbox.com/s/64v6dse9ldp8pw6/whmcs-signedinvoices-%28signierte-rechnungen%29-1.0-unenc-de.tar.gz

Please test it if it work.

Thank you.

Edited by Infopro

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In WHMCS PDF invoices are created on the fly. Before installing and experimenting with this module, can somebody tell me if the signed invoice can be changed afterwards? I think it is legally required that a signature is given only once per invoice and changes should be denied after that.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone successfully made this work?

Iam only getting:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gracefulcorerequiredfileinclude() in /var/www/html/init.php on line 20

And init.php is ofcourse ioncubed

WHMCS v5.3.7

Thx for any help

• 5 months later...
Has anyone successfully made this work?

Iam only getting:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gracefulcorerequiredfileinclude() in /var/www/html/init.php on line 20

And init.php is ofcourse ioncubed

WHMCS v5.3.7

Thx for any help

Unfortunately, the module doesn't work with v5. If someone could develop this module for WHMCS 5.3.10, it would be very great. Anyone interested? :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Screenshot? I have it now in the invoicepdf.tpl but can not see any changes. or were can i test that is working.

Unfortunately the way to use it correctly has not been described by the developer or other users.

I will provide you with the way to use it correctly so that even intermediate certificates will be working on your invoices and with the explanation why you have to use it like this.

The function used by the module is:

TCPDF::setSignature(
$signing_cert = ‘ ‘,
$private_key = ‘ ‘,
$private_key_password = ‘ ‘,
$extracerts = ‘ ‘,
$cert_type = 2,
$info = array()
$approval = ”
)

If we study the documentation for the function we will notice that

Parameters
   $signing_cert	(mixed) signing certificate (string or filename prefixed with 'file://')
   $private_key	(mixed) private key (string or filename prefixed with 'file://')
   $private_key_password	(string) password
   $extracerts	(string) specifies the name of a file containing a bunch of extra certificates to include in the signature which can for example be used to help the recipient to verify the certificate that you used.
   $cert_type	(int) The access permissions granted for this document. Valid values shall be: 1 = No changes to the document shall be permitted; any change to the document shall invalidate the signature; 2 = Permitted changes shall be filling in forms, instantiating page templates, and signing; other changes shall invalidate the signature; 3 = Permitted changes shall be the same as for 2, as well as annotation creation, deletion, and modification; other changes shall invalidate the signature.
   $info	(array) array of option information: Name, Location, Reason, ContactInfo.
   $approval	(string) Enable approval signature eg. for PDF incremental update

This is a bit confusing to the average user. What it actually means related to our module that will sign invoices is that the first parameter (Signing Certificate) in the module should be a file name which contains our certificate in the form:

file:///your/full/path/here/certificates/mycert.crt

The second parameter (Private Key) should be the private key. You should input the private key exactly as you generated it and save it in the database so that it is not accesible as a file.

The third parameter (Intermediate Certificates) has to be a full path file name for the COMBINED intermediate and root certificates but NOT prefixed by file://

/your/full/path/here/certificates/combined.chain

Remember that for the combined chain to be correct you have to combine the lower level certificates first and then move your way up to the root level certificate, so when you create the file remember to put them in the right order.

Intermediate 3 -> Intermediate 2 -> Intermediate 1 -> Root Cert

This is unfortunately the only module that exists that will correctly sign invoices but it's quite hard to figure all that out without knowing the TCPDF library.

I have attached a screenshot for the correct configuration for the module inside WHMCS. I hope this will clear things up once and for all.

SignedInvoices.png

Regards to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi NixServers,

are you able to see signature or certificate details, lets say in adobe reader?

The invoices are being signed, problem is that i cant see proper signature when viewing invoice.

I can only see "Certified by %s".

I would really appreciate some official support from whmcs with this, as it is a requirement by EU law.

signedinvoice.png