Password/String Generation

Zef

After a quick search on the forums and google, I was unable to find any information pertaining to my situation. Hopefully there is an easy solution for this.

We have a product that is not associated with any module/control panel. Whenever we activate this product for a given customer, a welcome email is sent to them. Is there an easy (or any) way to have WHMCS generate a string to be used as a password and included in the email. Further, can this be done using a command in the email template so that the string generated for client 1 does not equal the string generated for client 2.

Since the above mentioned product does not have the ability to have a module written for it, we are going to have to manually set the passwords. What we are trying to prevent, on the other hand, is the need for us to manually email clients the passwords that we used in addition to the WHMCS product welcome email that they are already receiving (we need as much of the process automated as possible).

We also offer hosting packages that use cPanel. Our current email templates for those use a command in the email that includes the generated passwords used in a given cpanel package instance. I am assuming that the WHMCS cPanel module is importing the string for the password from cPanel directly (i.e. cPanel is doing the generation work). Is this a correct assumption?

Is there a free readily available solution for this? If not, how quickly and for how much would it cost to have this developed?

Thanks.