Integrating Joomla! 1.7 with WHMCS

rvsjoen

So I decided to have a go at writing an integration plugin for Joomla! 1.7+. It seems to be working except for one little detail that I simple can not figure out (mostly because ioncube is stupid). So after setting the correct session variables in the php sesssion named 'PHPSESSID', and verifying that those variables are set for the entire cookie domain and path using my favorite test script

<?php session_start(); var_dump($_SESSION); ?>

array(2) { ["uid"]=> string(2) "15" ["upw"]=> string(32) "a822f978a4de912-you--wish...." }

Simply loading the frontpage for WHCMS (mysite.com/billing) or (mysite.com/billing/clientarea.php) will clear those precious values that i've set in the session and thus WHMCS will think that there is no logged on users.

Oh, and for the record, the values set in the session are 'uid' and 'upw' as correctly returned by the 'validatelogin' RPC call using JSON.

So... Does anyone have an idea why WHMCS resets these values upon page load when the API documentation clearly states that these are the values you have to set in the session if you want to log in WHMCS users automagically ?

Edited by rvsjoen

• 3 months later...