API question - is there a way to...

twinmom

I have products that are "onesies". I set up the product and enabled the quantity control and set it to 1.

Then I used the API to show the product group on my website.

However, once the product is sold, it still shows up on the website (although when customer clicks on it, it does say Out of Stock).

Right now, I have a workaround, but it requires me to edit the product after it's sold - to make it not show up on the website. I'd like for the process to be automatic and not have to manually edit each product that sells. I can't find a way to use the quantity field with the API. If so, I could just have the page display only items with quantity greater than 0.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tracy

I have products that are "onesies". I set up the product and enabled the quantity control and set it to 1.

Then I used the API to show the product group on my website.

However, once the product is sold, it still shows up on the website (although when customer clicks on it, it does say Out of Stock).

Right now, I have a workaround, but it requires me to edit the product after it's sold - to make it not show up on the website. I'd like for the process to be automatic and not have to manually edit each product that sells. I can't find a way to use the quantity field with the API. If so, I could just have the page display only items with quantity greater than 0.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tracy

What I normally do is just create the product with quan 1 and set it as Hidden. Then I either answer the support ticket or email with the direct product link (under the links tab of product)