Google Analytics & Custom Payment Gateway

mtk

Hey,

I know the subject of Google Analytics integration has been extensively covered in this forum, and I do know there are instructions in the wiki, but I would like to tackle this from another angle.

Fact #1:

the Google Analytics integration has a part to be added in the complete.tpl file (mostly for e-commerce tracking).

Fact #2:

Paypal payment gateway, uses complete.tpl as a returning point after payment is complete.

those 2 facts, result in a successful tracking of an e-commerce transaction on WH (aka. payment was made & a product was sold).

so far, so good...

Fact #3:

when creating a custom payment gateway, complete.tpl cannot be used.

this sounds like a very lame fact, but after payment is being processed we have 2 states, failure or success. When we have a success, we can't really point/redirect into complete.tpl.

Fact #3 in conjunction with Fact #1, do no work very good, making Google Analytics miss all the Successful transactions on the Custom Gateway.

in my company's case, 90% of the transactions go through that custom gateway, so I cannot really track them... :(

any suggestions?

(on both the gateway or the analytics)

• 4 weeks later...

in continuation and/or addition to this, there's still a need to pass data to analytics about, transactions that:

• have no order behind them - i.e custom invoice for a custom job.
  • upgrades- they have orders.
  • any order created by an admin, and paid by the clients.
    or paid by the admin from the client side (after order already exists)

basically, the common thing is:

these processes do not end at complete.tpl therefor the data is not passed to analytics.

so, the question is:

do we have a way of doing this right?