Generate Sitemap joined/concatenated with existing sitemap

rudberg

(Part 1 of 2: Got a "joining search AND sitemap" question, but I divide them into two threads as it may make it easier to follow)

We have a web-frontend in Magento using a multi-domain and multi-language scenario but we use WHMCS as backend, including using its Knowledgebase/Download area, Domainchecker & Cart. Since WHMCS is not truly multidomain, we use https with the main company-site, and then different system templates to get the same look and feel as the different main-sites with the ?systpl=changetemplate variable.

Now, we use the built-in sitemap generator in Magento, but we'd like to make a concatenated sitemap so that each sitemap will contain the (magento)category/product/pages of the language and its domain, and that at least the main domain should also concatenate all the pages under WHMCS (particularly knowledgebase-pages).

I would prefer not have to end up with two separate sitemaps, although I'd be happy if anyone has thoughts on how having two sitemaps for a page would be treated from a search-engine viewpoint?

Does anyone have an idea on where to start doing this?