API with Http post

WaQas

Hello everyone,

i try to use API with http but i getting Authentication Failed message..

I do all setup

1. add IP address

2. Admin have right to access API..

but fail to solve the problem..

http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/includes/api.php?username=User&password=67f7d93669a0e7d705fe96c7cd7&action=getsupportstatuses&responsetype=xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
<whmcsapi version="4.4.2"> 
<action></action> 
<result>error</result> 
<message>Authentication Failed</message> 
</whmcsapi>

ANYONE help me out...

The request is hitting the server correctly and not producing a 404 error. This means that your permissions are wrong or your code is wrong. Are you sure you added the right domain ip to WHMCS API and granted your users API access?

Mind sharing the API request call script you are using to get this result? It would help us, help you resolve the problem.

The request is hitting the server correctly and not producing a 404 error. This means that your permissions are wrong or your code is wrong. Are you sure you added the right domain ip to WHMCS API and granted your users API access?

Mind sharing the API request call script you are using to get this result? It would help us, help you resolve the problem.

Hello sir,

Please change the path of yours WHMCS... and you will get the result..

• 3 months later...
Hello sir,

Please change the path of yours WHMCS... and you will get the result..

I have the same problem, with the allowed IP address in the General > Security settings. (one ip per line, and I tried just the single IP of the user whos testing the API)

Language vb.net

Dim WHMCSClient As New WebClient()
       Dim form As New NameValueCollection()
       form.Add("username", "admin")
       form.Add("password", "12345")
       form.Add("action", "getsupportstatuses")
       form.Add("responsetype", "xml")
       Dim responseData As Byte() = WHMCSClient.UploadValues("http://mysite.com/includes/api.php", form)
       Dim pass As String = "12345"
       TextBox1.Text = String.Format("{0}", Encoding.ASCII.GetString(responseData))

Returns:

<whmcsapi version="4.5.2">
<action>getsupportstatuses</action>
<result>error</result>
</whmcsapi>

I have the same problem, with the allowed IP address in the General > Security settings. (one ip per line, and I tried just the single IP of the user whos testing the API)

Language vb.net

Dim WHMCSClient As New WebClient()
       Dim form As New NameValueCollection()
       form.Add("username", "admin")
       form.Add("password", "12345")
       form.Add("action", "getsupportstatuses")
       form.Add("responsetype", "xml")
       Dim responseData As Byte() = WHMCSClient.UploadValues("http://mysite.com/includes/api.php", form)
       Dim pass As String = "12345"
       TextBox1.Text = String.Format("{0}", Encoding.ASCII.GetString(responseData))

Returns:

<whmcsapi version="4.5.2">
<action>getsupportstatuses</action>
<result>error</result>
</whmcsapi>

Desktop applications are a whole different ball game. You maybe sending your computers IP rather then your internet IP which could cause the error you are getting. As well I hope you are MD5-ing your passwords before they are sent.

You may benefit from using the OAuth addon available on my site. This will remove the IP limitation. OAuth returns json rather than XML. I am sure their is a json library available for vb.net somewhere.

Modified my code, the system requires that you send an MD5 hashed password to the API,otherwise it will not work in plaintext. --- Works just great now. Resolved.

form.Add("username", My.Settings.WHMCSUser.ToString())

'Requires MD5 hash

form.Add("password", Md5Hash(Crypto.RijndaelSimple.Decrypt(My.Settings.WHMCSPass.ToString(), "5123123123zxczxc!@#", "5123123ASD@", "SHA1", 2, "5585885885852428", 256)))

Public Shared Function Md5Hash(ByVal pass As String) As String
       Dim md5 As System.Security.Cryptography.MD5 = MD5CryptoServiceProvider.Create()
       Dim dataMd5 As Byte() = md5.ComputeHash(Encoding.[Default].GetBytes(pass))
       Dim sb As New StringBuilder()
       For i As Integer = 0 To dataMd5.Length - 1
           sb.AppendFormat("{0:x2}", dataMd5(i))
       Next
       Return sb.ToString()
   End Function

• 1 year later...

Hi have the same issue as you cmsplushosting but I am trying to call the API using a browser. Has anybody been able to get past the Authentication Failed Error.

/http://mydomain.co.za/whmcs/includes/api.php?username=api&password=md5hash&action=getclientsproducts&clientid=1&responsetype=xml

This is starting to annoy me now, especially since nobody has actually come up with a solution that works.

Bottom-line question: Can one call the API from a Browser???

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

Edited by Infopro