Newbie - Just looking for a little reassurance and a recurring billing question;)

pszDan

Hello!

I've taken over a project (with no documentation ;o) which will use WHMCS as the central ordering and invoicing system for a subscriptions based business. I'm using the API to add clients/orders/products etc and so far that's all fine.

My main area of uncertainty is around the actual payments. We are using Sagepay direct as our gateway only we don't want to store any credit cards in WHMCS.

Am I right in thinking that I will have to make the transactions with Sagepay using their API myself and then use API: Add Invoice Payment to update the invoices within WHMCS.

My question is, following on from the original payment, we want our clients to be billed in a recurring fashion. Is there a way I can get WHMCS to do this just using the TX Authenticate from the original Sagepay authorisation?

Many thanks

Dan

• 1 year later...

I'm not familiar with sage pay but it sounds like what you want is Tokenization.

What happens with Tokenization is the credit card information is sent to the gateway by whmcs during the initial payment, during that transaction you request that the card be converted into a token. The gateway responds with a token and whmcs stores that instead of the card info. Subsequent billings are made by whmcs but rather than sending credit card info only the token is sent along with the amount to be billed.

In order for all this to work though sage pay needs to support Tokenization and the whmcs gateway module you are using also needs to support the protocol.