Custom Query: Display Knowledgebase Articles from One Category on Domain Setting Page

tgriff

I need to figure out how to show knowledgebase articles in various client areas of the WHMCS install.

This would allow me to setup a query that shows context sensitive help on various areas such as Doman Name Server Management - display list of articles and first sentence of article in the DNS knowledgebase category etc.

A custom query would allow me to enhance the customer experience giving them the help they need directly on the page they are viewing.

Clicking on the link knowledgebase article would either open a new window - or perhaps even better, open a lightbox/prettyphoto inline content box for client to stay on the page they are working with.

For instance - one domain interface I use has the following info on the Host Records management page, etc., etc.,

HELP

[linked text] » A Record Using this type of record allows you to associate a host with an IP address. The IP address that you use does not have to be on your network....

[linked text] » CNAME Record An alias record type is used to associate a host name with another host. The host that you wish to point to does not have to be on your network....

[linked text] » URL Redirect URL Redirect is the standard method for URL Forwarding. When the client types in your domain name they are redirected to the web server that your page is hosted on....

[linked text] » URL Frame URL Frame is similar to URL Redirect except that instead of redirecting the client to your web page, the web page is displayed in a frame from our web server....

[linked text]» MX Can be either a host name under this domain name (for example, "mail3") or the name of a mail server (for example, "mail.yahoo.com.")....

[linked text]» MXE (User Simplified) Using a mail record allows you to specify the address of your mail server. When you use a mail record, you must use an IP address in the address field. For example Host Name: mail, Address: 1.2.3.4...

Thoughts? Ideas? Someone has already done this?