Reseller API & Module

gcphost

Overview

This is originally designed for the WHMCS License Add-on that allows you to sell licenses to customers. This Add-on uses the "domain" field to store the license key.

I needed a way for my "resellers" to directly sell licenses within WHMCS, using their account. I needed them to be able to add or remove these licenses 24 hours a day, without my intervention.

I needed the reseller to be given a grace period to pay for the new licenses. I defaulted to WHMC's grace period.

How it works

• Your reseller has an account on your system.
  • You add your reseller id to the approved reseller list
  • Your reseller configures their WHMCS panel with the Reseller Module
  • People order from your reseller
  • Your resellers module triggers the API on your WHMCS
  • The API creates the order on your resellers account
  • The API updates the Module with the 'domain' and 'hostingid' of the reseller's order
  • The module saves the hostingid as the 'username' field for that order

What it needs

• All settings to be defined in WHMCS, not in the PHP code - currently you must define your configurable options, promotion codes and approved resellers within the API and module itself.
  • Upgrade feature
  • Ability to automatically merge configurable options - ie: take the array from your reseller and validate it against the array from your main panel, taking the ID's from the main and the data from the reseller
  • Security checks
  • Updates to make it work for ALL types of services, not just licenses - but domains, games, hosting - etc, anything you can sell should work here

Can you use it now?

Yes! In the basic form of a License Reseller Add-on you can totally use it now, I am, and it works fairly well!

If you are not selling Licenses - then maybe not! You will likely need to modify the code to make it work fully for you.

How do I get the API?

You can make a donation to me or sign-up to be a developer on this project.

We will share profits with the developers who contribute the most - consider this as a collaboration for the community.

Reply to this thread, send me a private message or a direct e-mail (gcphost AT gmail DOT com) to sign-up.

More about me

My name is William and I am the maker of the famous panel, GameCP. With over 10 years of programming under my belt making a module like this only took a few hours. I will be using WHMCS for at least another 2 years and will be active in developing and updating this module for my personal gain.

Unlike other module makers who tend to drop out either after you pay them - or before they even launch a module - I will stick around for a couple years minimum. If I do stop using WHMCS - or developing modules for it - I will post this code open source or provide it to another developer for maintenance. I will try very hard to ensure the module does not "die" like others do.

Thanks!

I hope some will find this useful. I am looking forward to working with developers to make this module better. I think this is a very valuable asset to WHMCS.

I have attached the WHMCS Module as an example.

whmcs_reseller.zip

Edited by gcphost

Overview

This is originally designed for the WHMCS License Add-on that allows you to sell licenses to customers. This Add-on uses the "domain" field to store the license key.

I needed a way for my "resellers" to directly sell licenses within WHMCS, using their account. I needed them to be able to add or remove these licenses 24 hours a day, without my intervention.

I needed the reseller to be given a grace period to pay for the new licenses. I defaulted to WHMC's grace period.

How it works

• Your reseller has an account on your system.
  • You add your reseller id to the approved reseller list
  • Your reseller configures their WHMCS panel with the Reseller Module
  • People order from your reseller
  • Your resellers module triggers the API on your WHMCS
  • The API creates the order on your resellers account
  • The API updates the Module with the 'domain' and 'hostingid' of the reseller's order
  • The module saves the hostingid as the 'username' field for that order

What it needs

• All settings to be defined in WHMCS, not in the PHP code - currently you must define your configurable options, promotion codes and approved resellers within the API and module itself.
  • Upgrade feature
  • Ability to automatically merge configurable options - ie: take the array from your reseller and validate it against the array from your main panel, taking the ID's from the main and the data from the reseller
  • Security checks
  • Updates to make it work for ALL types of services, not just licenses - but domains, games, hosting - etc, anything you can sell should work here

Can you use it now?

Yes! In the basic form of a License Reseller Add-on you can totally use it now, I am, and it works fairly well!

If you are not selling Licenses - then maybe not! You will likely need to modify the code to make it work fully for you.

How do I get the API?

You can make a donation to me or sign-up to be a developer on this project.

We will share profits with the developers who contribute the most - consider this as a collaboration for the community.

Reply to this thread, send me a private message or a direct e-mail (gcphost AT gmail DOT com) to sign-up.

More about me

My name is William and I am the maker of the famous panel, GameCP. With over 10 years of programming under my belt making a module like this only took a few hours. I will be using WHMCS for at least another 2 years and will be active in developing and updating this module for my personal gain.

Unlike other module makers who tend to drop out either after you pay them - or before they even launch a module - I will stick around for a couple years minimum. If I do stop using WHMCS - or developing modules for it - I will post this code open source or provide it to another developer for maintenance. I will try very hard to ensure the module does not "die" like others do.

Thanks!

I hope some will find this useful. I am looking forward to working with developers to make this module better. I think this is a very valuable asset to WHMCS.

I have attached the WHMCS Module as an example.

I've been looking for this solution for a while now, thanks for taking the time to develope this!

I've sent you an e-mail. I'll be happy to pay a monthly fee or to make a donation for this project.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have not yet needed to do any updates, the module I made works really simple and fairly well with the whmcs license add-on they sell. I had several people interested, a few donations, but no follow ups and no new developers.

I'd love to have a new dev expand on this, otherwise I may just leave it fairly simple - to allow anyone - to expand.

The license add-on should be required, you could mod this for other things but this is designed for the whmcs license add-on.

You can mail me, gcphost AT gmail DOT com if you want to donate to receive it - or be a developer.

• 4 months later...