Changing default page for client area

sullise

This worked for me:

In the .tpl files, change this wherever you have a login form:

<form action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php?goto=index.php" method="post" name="frmlogin" id="frmlogin">

to

<form action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php?goto=clientarea.php?action=products" method="post" name="frmlogin" id="frmlogin">

I am not sure what version you are using adminEH but on the latest version using the portal templat the one I am creating my new template from the form for login does not have any goto= anywhere all they are is

<form method="post" action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php">

I am asuming from the above code that dologin.php actualy tells where a client is redirected, but being as though this .php file along with all the others is ioncube encoded one can not see the code to change it.

if the creatores must ioncube every file then they should at least make this an option that can be changed in the admin back end.

I to whant client redirected after loging in but on mine I want them to be sent to the main portal page after loging in.

sory to bump the post I did ask in a seperate thread but as usual no one answers it

Edited by nay27uk

You shouldn't need to edit any .php files at all, that's why the tpl files are available to make any customizations you need.

The files I edited are located inside the templates > portal directory.

You mention that all you see in your files is:

<form method="post" action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php">

Have you tried adding ?goto=clientarea.php to that, so it is

<form method="post" action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php?goto=clientarea.php">

no have not tried that as yet but will give it a go while I am creating the template.

I just asumed that because the form is posting the results to dologin.php that it would have to send the results to dologin.php to check if they are corect before dologin.php redirected the client.

thats how it usualy works with php and templates on things like SMF, phpBB, WeBid, to name just a few

• 7 months later...
This worked for me:

In the .tpl files, change this wherever you have a login form:

<form action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php?goto=index.php" method="post" name="frmlogin" id="frmlogin">

to

<form action="{$systemsslurl}dologin.php?goto=clientarea.php?action=products" method="post" name="frmlogin" id="frmlogin">

Thanks a lot...It works for me