Percentage deposit?

m8internet

This may sound stupid but for the time being could you not do it like a promotion type of thing.

If they order let's say 35 items to be picked up and you want them to pay 10% you would set up a code, like pickup or something like that or even the word balance, and then give this promo a discount of 90%. You would have to make a note on the invoice that this is just a deposit payment.

If they order let's say 35 items to be picked up and you want them to pay 10% you would set up a code

Sadly it needs to be fully automated

At the moment the interface in use simply has an empty box and the customer has to insert the 10% amount themselves

However, many don't, then turn up at the shop to pay the entire amount

Equally, some people don't turn up but the items have already been prepared as per their order

The lead time is :

Order to be placed before 10:00AM

Orders are printed out at 10:15

Orders are prepared between 10:15 and 12:30

Customers arrive between 12:45 and 13:30

Order to be placed before 14:00

Orders are printed out at 16:00

Orders are prepared between 16:15 and 18:30

Customers arrive between 18:45 and 21:00

Edited by m8internet

• 3 months later...

I've been spending hours playing with the Hook system, trying to find some way that I could split the invoices or something just so we can charge the customers 50% upfront and 50% on completion of the order. Still not sure it is possible, and with the encoded files and insufficient documentation, I'm not really sure where to turn next.

I get the feeling I need another hook between

PreShoppingCartCheckout - as above

and

AfterShoppingCartCheckout - OrderID, OrderNumber, InvoiceID, Products, Addons, Domains

where I could manipulate the invoice before it gets sent out.

InvoiceCreated or InvoiceCreationPreEmail seem like they might do the job but they are outside of the order process and by splitting the invoice within an invoice I might cause a recursive loop.