Accounting for Dutch WHMCS

steven-one

Hello,

I'm making a accounting addon for WHMCS. It wil be integrated so you don't have to use extra software. I know that there is a lot of software for accounting, but I couldn't find one that was totally integrated into WHMCS. Because I'm Dutch, I only make a Dutch version. I have no idea how accounting works in other countries. (maybe in the future I will translate it and add country-specific features). The reason I made this thread is that I want to know if somebody else needs a accounting addon and which features they would need. Then I will consider to make those features.

Please let me know what you need.

Thank you!

sample.jpg

Hi,

I would be extremely interested in an accounting addon. For me the most important functions would be to be able to

- Import csv statements from banks and payment systems like Paypal, liberty reserve etc.

- Be able to easily mass assign expense categories to each transaction

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The course of this project has changed. The concept is completely extended and the intention is to make an addon that can replace a full accounting program. However, their is much more work and time needed to finisch this. The addon will be finished until late August.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said. This addon will be finished until late August this year. We made a project plan and we are on schedule. There are still a lot of things to do. At first is we will made a simple version. No bulk and special features. Importing will also have to wait. But this isn't the big issue. We are making a php class for accounting rules. When those rules are finished, bulk/import and extra options have to be validated by the same rules. Then it's just a matter of addon-making.

The biggest problem I came across was the fact that the software was to easy to edit. I've contacted a accounting-controller and some people who work a lot with dutch accounting software. They help me to make it a trustworthy accounting addon. Things like access-management has to be reviewed. We are not sure if WHMCS is safe enough. This hasn't to do with the WHMCS system, but how it would let other people access the accounting-addon outside your business.

Maybe some of you have knowledge of this? How does WHMCS handle addon access?

Another issue is legitimacy. If your accounting has to be audited, then we have to be sure it will not be questioned.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update. Your timeframe is quite long (almost a year). I assume you will use it for your own business, and sell it to other Dutch WHMCS users?

Since the last update, addon access can be managed through set-up > addon modules. There you can specify which admins have access to the addon. To grant an outsider access to the addon, all you would have to do is create a new admin account with access to the addon. I think this is pretty safe (as safe as WHMCS).

If this is not what you mean, please let me know ;-)

Edited by ouwejan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

For all people that have interest in this module, we developed a complete module for debit and credit,

also we have a API that synchronize all to Twinfield automatically.

please send us a message if you are interested, we can also to other api integrations with other accountant software...

Remco

Hi everyone,

For all people that have interest in this module, we developed a complete module for debit and credit,

also we have a API that synchronize all to Twinfield automatically.

please send us a message if you are interested, we can also to other api integrations with other accountant software...

Remco

We are interested and would like to see the possibilities. However, for some reason the PM/email feature of this forum doesn't work. How can I reach you?

• 4 months later...