Phone Automation - Would you use it?

invoxivr

Will you use this kind of phone automation?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use this kind of phone automation?

• Yes if it is free
    • Yes, I can pay $49.99
    • Very useful. I will pay $99.99
    • Excellent.. I will pay $149.99
    • I do not see a need for it.

Hi - I am a developer trying to implement phone automation for web hosting companies using WHMCS. The platform is based on Invox (http://www.invox.com). They support speech recognition and have coverage in 40 countries.

I have some questions and I need some feedback on the app's usefulness

Basically, the goal is to automate as much as we can using the phone system. Also, I notice that most of the webhosting companies offer ticketing support but not phone support. There is an opportunity for the phone system to bridge the gap.

The solution (speech driven)

- Prompts the caller for their company name or first &last name and looks up the client id from the whmcs database. If it is not present, the user is made to reenter.

- Once a client id is found, the system would play "Welcome back.. If you are not $Name from $company, please say go back. The last payment and status of the account is also played back automatically.

- If there has been a pending account balance, the user is prompted. Invox has "payment over phone" using credit card gateway but I am not sure if we can collect credit card and update it automatically in WHMCS's system so that everything is automatic including capturing payment.

- Now, the real thing. Invox system can search tickets by client id and inform back saying "You have xx closed tickets and xx open tickets in last 30 days." Just say yes or press 1 when you hear the ticket you are interested. Are you interested in ticket1subject, .... Are you interested in ticket2subject and so on. Once a ticket is found, the last note is read out automatically back to the caller using text to speech.

- The caller can open a new ticket or add a new ticket. The system will prompt for subj (if new) and record the voice and *transcribe* the message and put it back automatically in the system as a new ticket. The recorded voice is added as a note.

Outbound

- The system will automatically retrieve outstanding balances and call the customer letting them know that they have an outstanding bill and they need to pay immediately.

- The system can also play a thank you message for receipt of payment. This gives a very personal touch.

Credit card

- I know few companies doing it but they don't capture recorded voice - yes, Do you ($name) authorize the purchase of $product from $companyname for $price. Does anyone foresee a need for it?

I have completed almost 65% of it and would anticipate completing it by this Monday.

Please let me know the feedback of this system and if you are interested in beta testing in exchange of such free system for 3 months, please let me know.

Honest/constructive feedback is very appreciated.

Edited by invoxivr

IMHO, we were planning to dev such a service as well (even bought the fraudgate.com domain name when it expired) and began the dev but since it is nowadays really easy to get free and unverified phone numbers (for example VOIP service like Google Voice or SipGate) I don't see anymore the necessity to pay for such a service.

It may help though and may reduce the number of fraudulent orders. But it won't be significant enough to ask for a fee, even small.

Beside this, fully automatize the order and creation process is something I wouldn't advice.

Again, only my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How would the system verify that the person calling, is the client?

Sorry for my delayed response.

There can be endless options to verify the person who is calling - their first and last name, callerid, last 4 digits of cc on file, zipcode etc.

Invox can automate the process the way you desire.

Thanks.

Yes, I would certainly be interested in this. However, why not develop it using an Asterisk-based system (PBX In a Flash, Trixbox...)? That would open the product up to a much larger marketplace. I personally would stay away from Invox because it appears to be an 800PBX company; we had 800pbx a while back and it was a very unreliable system, with 100% "offshore" support that was never reachable in the event of an outage. Their outages were frequent, and they apparently used their own product :)

Thanks all for the responses.

techietype - not sure why you mention about the downtimes - I have been with almost 3 companies before shortlisting them and have a pingdom report for my phone system too (SIP TCP). Maybe you have mixed them up with other pbx vendors who do have downtime almost every alternate week. I chose to use them and not on asterisk because it is hosted and they worry about the deployment and scaling. Also for the speech rec and tts, it is a night mare and an expensive proposition to buy licenses for each port. Disclaimer - I maybe biased very much as I use them a lot and have built few systems on their platform. I have put a word to their support about this post here and someone should respond hopefully.

itdeptcorp - yes, I am very close to completing it..

• 1 month later...

Guys - good news.

I have completed this phone system. Sorry, it has taken me a while to complete it.

Please send me PM if you would like to beta test it.

I am pricing as follows (paid yearly)

A - $49.99 - If the caller's number is already registered, it will lookup the clientid directly. Otherwise, callers can say their name or company name . System will recognize the voice and grab cliendi. It will then verify the client to enter their postcode for verification. I can add other forms of verification. The system will record the voice, transcribe it and post new tickets [OPEN NEW TICKETS ONLY]

B - $79.99 - A + They can access existing open tickets (system will read their notes and tickets) and add notes. [ACCESS OLD TICKETS ALSO]

C - $99.99 - B + System will prompt their pending balances, last payment and allow them to update their credit card over phone. [TICKETS + ACCOUNT INFO]

D - $149.99 - C + System can make outbound calls if recurring has failed and if you would like to thank you [TICKET + ACCOUNT INFO + OUTBOUND] - This module is still in works.

Please provide feedback.

Edited by invoxivr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...