WANTED: Beta testers for QuickBooks Integration with WHMCS

consolibyte

This would be an absolute Godsend. I have been battling QB Online and Paypal for the past year with one business. We started another business that uses WHMCS and a Paypal account, so we finally broke down and bought QB Pro 2010 (to help manage the Paypal transactions) only to find out that I still have to import everything to Excel first and then use a 3rd party product to convert it to anything useable. Please let me know if you are still looking for Beta testers. This would be perfect for our business.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

READY TO GO! - Everyone that e-mailed me should have now been sent an e-mail with a request for the initial information I need to get you set up for testing. If you are interested in helping test and did not receive an e-mail, you need to send me an e-mail or instant message so that I can set you up.

I would be interested in being a beta tester, please send me info.

A couple of questions:

1. What about when we create a back-dated invoice in WHMCS? Would it be imported and hence "mess-up" our final numbers for a previous month? That would be a concern, as we would need to monitor this.

2. We usually just add a line item called "merchant fees" to the invoice to subtract out the merchant fees we pay per transaction... this then lets us just record the deposit for the sales receipt and be done with it. I assume there would be no issue in going back into these invoices and adding that line item via QB, correct?

Looking forward to this as we've been using WHMCS and QB for a long time and manual cut-and-paste entry becomes quite annoying!

QUICK NOTE: If you are interested in testing, CONTACT ME. Don't just post here telling me to contact you. Send me an e-mail or an instant message. I'm really super busy enough as it is developing and testing this, it's much, much easier if you send me an e-mail than us having to go back and forth via PMs on this board.

Re: Question: Do you have a way to get past the QuickBooks "14,000" customer limit? Or will it be able to go either way and maybe use "categories" so to speak, instead of individual customers.

That is a QuickBooks limitation, it's not something that I can address. Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise if you want to get around that limit.

Re: 1. What about when we create a back-dated invoice in WHMCS? Would it be imported and hence "mess-up" our final numbers for a previous month? That would be a concern, as we would need to monitor this.

If it creates a new invoice in WHMCS, then it would be imported into QuickBooks. As far as it messing up your accounting, that questions is something that you should ask your accountant, not something that I can really answer. It depends on how you're doing your accounting.

Re: 2. We usually just add a line item called "merchant fees" to the invoice to subtract out the merchant fees we pay per transaction... this then lets us just record the deposit for the sales receipt and be done with it. I assume there would be no issue in going back into these invoices and adding that line item via QB, correct?

That was confusing... I'll take a stab at it and you'll have to clarify if this doesn't answer your question: Yes, you can edit invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks. No, my code doesn't care if you do that.

UPDATE: Everyone who requested to test has received installation instructions. I only received *FOUR* requests to test this via e-mail. If any of you are expecting to test it with me and have not received an e-mail, please send me another e-mail or an instant message (see first post in thread) so I can get you set up.

... annndddd we have our first few invoices (and a few sales receipts, oops!) out to the first few beta testers! I'm still looking for more testers if anyone out there is listening...

I am very interested in testing the module. I do programming for a living, have Quickbooks 2006 Premier, and just got WHMCS today. I'd love to be able to move info from WHMCS back into Quickbooks.

Re: > BAJI26: Will this quickbooks automation work with Quickbooks Pro 2006?

Yes, it will work with QuickBooks 2005 and newer. Soon it will also work with QuickBooks Online Edition. If anyone is using an older version of QuickBooks, send me an e-mail or an instant message and I'll see if I can support the older version as well.

Re: > MH-Stefan: Any chance this will work with the German version of QuickBooks 2009/2010?

I don't have access to test with German versions, so I'm not 100% sure. I only have test copies of Canadian, UK, and US editions, all of which it works with. If you send me an e-mail or an instant message, we can run some tests and find out.

Re: > keefe007: How does your module match WHMCS customers to Quickbooks customers? By lastname, business name, something else?

Yes, it does. How it does the matching is configurable. Right now I can match by "LastName, FirstName", "CompanyName", or "FirstName LastName". If you need something else outside of that, let me know, as it's very easy for me to add additional formats for you.

Re: > keefe007: Does it transfer credits as well?

It doesn't right now, but it probably will in the near future. It's in testing still. Things like that are exactly the reason I'm looking for testers.

Jaxon: Unfortunately, Intuit does not support any integration methods/API access for Mac versions of QuickBooks. Until Intuit provides some way to automate entry into Mac editions of QuickBooks, you won't see any integration options for Mac editions of QuickBooks.

Windows versions and Online Edition will both be supported.

Jaxon: Unfortunately, Intuit does not support any integration methods/API access for Mac versions of QuickBooks. Until Intuit provides some way to automate entry into Mac editions of QuickBooks, you won't see any integration options for Mac editions of QuickBooks.

Windows versions and Online Edition will both be supported.

Thanks for the prompt reply! No surprise there I guess - for the API access.

I've only ever used the Mac flavor of Quickbooks and only for doing accounting at a retail shop. The Online Edition looks pretty robust though, are there any folks out there who would care to share their experiences using it for web host accounting. It seems like it would serve the main functionality of simply keeping track of expenses and income streams as reported by whatever gateways/payment methods you support.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Yes, QuickBooks Online Edition should work just fine for a web hosting company's accounting needs. Alternatively, you might consider using the Windows version and running it on your Mac in Parallels or VMWare Fusion (This is actually what I do, and it works excellently. You get the better-supported PC version of Windows, but you don't have to give up or reboot your Mac either.)

clickndeploy: We're currently testing it with a number of users. If you'd like to participate in the test, send me an e-mail and I can get you set up. I don't have an overseas version of QuickBooks to test with, so I'm not sure if it will work with your version or not. There's only one way to find out...

clickndeploy: We're currently testing it with a number of users. If you'd like to participate in the test, send me an e-mail and I can get you set up. I don't have an overseas version of QuickBooks to test with, so I'm not sure if it will work with your version or not. There's only one way to find out...

thanks for replying, unfortunately, i'm at the stage of selecting an accounting system. :|