Client Changing Billing Cycle

Chris Poulter

Hi all,

I've looked through the WHMCS itself, the various forums and wiki's etc and I'm pretty sure theres nowhere for the client to change their billing cycle.

Has anyone come up with a good solution to allow clients to change their billing cycle from within their control panel/client area?

All the best,

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi John,

Is there any possibility that this can be implemented in the future?

We find it very common that customers will initially sign-up for monthly billing, and later choose to upgrade to annual billing when they feel confident about the services they receive.

This would conveniently place the process within the realm of the customer vs. WHMCS admin.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi John,

Is there any possibility that this can be implemented in the future?

We find it very common that customers will initially sign-up for monthly billing, and later choose to upgrade to annual billing when they feel confident about the services they receive.

This would conveniently place the process within the realm of the customer vs. WHMCS admin.

Same scenario.

+1 for this feature!

Must be easy to implement.

Hi

Why do you not just put a button within the clientarea that links to a support ticket for this to be done or email or add to the admin notes in the database and show a message saying this will take effect within 24 hour?

as you know clients will do this then change there mid or say they did not do it.

but if this will not be a option but standard 1 not for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a couple of clients that want to change billing cylces

You want a system that allows people to sign up and pay for a year, and then decide to go "monthly" and get 11/12ths of the payment refunded ?

i.e. you want the *client* to decide (with no reference back to you) how often they ?

You want a system that allows people to sign up and pay for a year, and then decide to go "monthly" and get 11/12ths of the payment refunded ?

i.e. you want the *client* to decide (with no reference back to you) how often they ?

you're right, this is a little tricky, but highly uncommon.

the more common change is from 'monthly' to 'yearly' and this is not supported.

you know what, it's not even easy as an admin to do it...

simplest method ...

click the drop-down list, change monthly to annual

tick the box "recalculate on save"

click save

job done !

yeah, but when the client does it, it leaves a trail of the action (aka an order).

and moreover, you cannot tell the client the amount he will have to pay, until after the invoice was created...

• 1 month later...

You say this in such a way that the client is bound to his initial order and can't change anything unless he cancels. Wow, talk about super-client-control.

Why can't the client choose whether wants to pay monthly or yearly, when he chooses todo so? With the recession many clients decided to go on a monthly payment rather than yearly. Do you know how much extra work our accounts had to put in to make this happen? And then you can't just give the client 5 month's credit if the changes on any other day except for the 1st / 31st of the month. On a large order, the client will (and have) complain about the money you steal cause you didn't properly calculate the correct credit to the day.

Heck, when he upgrades he's forced to pay prorated for the upgrade.

I think it would be much easier for everyone (less admin work, easier for client to manage) if clients could choose their own billing terms. And, as a suggestion, add an option where one could charge an "X" conversion fee if they make changes more than "X" amount of times. i.e. if the clients changes his billing terms more than 5 times a year, charge him $10 for it. This will help with the abuse you think could happen, and should be clearly stated before hand, not added without the client's knowledge afterwards.

I have a product which is billed monthly but when you upgrade it charges prorata. The product is charged monthly in advance and all future invoices are set to the 1st .

So if you sign up on the 2nd or 28 th you pay the same price. How do I set this up.

Month 1 sign up 15th due 15th next bill on the 1st.