Virtuozzo Module (that works) finally!

timgws

Hi guys,

I provided Matt with some info on the VZAgent SOAP API. Credit where credit's due, I got the code from another Parallels user: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=102062

Stopping/starting containers works for me on a VZ server. However, there is still a ton of work to be done for things like creating new containers, uploading templates, etc. The good news is, it doesn't use PVA (or PIM), so there is one less dependency to worry about. (as a host, we don't really use these apps)

Maybe it would be nice to get the community on this? There's a programming guide here:

http://download.swsoft.com/virtuozzo/virtuozzo4.0/docs/VZAgent_ProgGuide.pdf

Regards,

Joachim

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Joachim,

The problem with the migration from PIM to PVA is that you are forced to also move to the newer version of VZAgent. This is where the issue with. We do not rely on PVA/PIM as a dependency, but we do rely on it's dependancy, which does need to be upgraded. The fact of the mater is this module still works if you stay on VZAgent 4.0. Stopping and starting containers still works if you move to VZAgent 4.5, but creating and upgrading containers stops working when upgrading to PVA 4.5/VZAgent 4.5.

Regards,

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

I have done quite a bit of work on some updated code. It is currently working for us on PIM 4.0 (We rolled back after Parallels giving us the run around, very frustrating!)

What I will do is merge the updated code, write a document describing how to set it up and upload it here. Please expect this to be done in the next few days...

Hi - we would like to participate in making this module more feature rich if possible.

But to begin I'm curious on how to manage Plesk panel to be included or not on each VPS. We need to charge for the license and this needs to be added to the VPS. Can this be done in the creation process or do we need to manage this post-creation?

I hope somebody can sheed some light on this topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope you can reply to this post asap.

Right now we download your virtuozzo php zip and you mention that we have to run sql-queries.sql. But because our mysql server is not on the box as Whmcs, we cannot find this one.

you will be kind if you can provide us the create statements as soon as possible

Thank you in advance.

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're using it in production currently. All the usual create/suspend/terminate/etc functions are supported. Also, rather than using the annoying IP allocation they had coded into it, I modified it to dynamically allocate IP addresses using the built in virtuozzo pool in vz 4.x. It also has functions to support application template installs. We're currently only using this for cPanel installations, but It could be adapted to work with other things.

At the moment, its highly-specific for our environment, and will need to be tweaked to be more general. I'll make a post once I have had time to work on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...