Virtuozzo Module (that works) finally!

timgws

I have sent Parallels a message saying:

Guys, seriously, *PLEASE* Fix you Parallels Virtual Automation documentation. It sucks badly. How do I get a list of all the container samples that are in the library? The new Agent API only lists what is on the hardware node, and not in the library. This has broken our automation (and I thought this was the point of PVA :P To have automation).

Thanks guys :)

Now, I know that Parallels have their own billing systems (which BTW, all of them suck - but I am sure everyone here knows that) but why would they not help the development of a module that actually helps them push out more licenses and therefor make them more money?

It just makes no sense.

Parallels said they will get back to me soon, so we will see.

Tim

PS: I want this module working again as much as all of you do :]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sent Parallels a message saying:

Now, I know that Parallels have their own billing systems (which BTW, all of them suck - but I am sure everyone here knows that) but why would they not help the development of a module that actually helps them push out more licenses and therefor make them more money?

It just makes no sense.

Parallels said they will get back to me soon, so we will see.

Tim

PS: I want this module working again as much as all of you do :]

Any news on this?

So I take it that no-one is developing a WHMCS Virtuozzo module any longer?

Should we now be putting the yards back onto WHMCS to consider this module as a feature of the next release?

I will be happy to go develop it Dale, but I still don't have the updated documentation from Parallels for Parallels Virtual Automation (PVA). If you can get them to provide me with updated docs that contain the right API information the Virtuozzo module will be given back to you as a reward 5 days later :P

The only part of the documentation that is missing is how to create a new container based on a configuration sample in the library, not on the hardware node.

I will stress that the VZ module works *perfectly* if you are still using Parallels Infrastructure Manager (PIM)

Tim,

I can't say we ever had any success in getting the module working and once we upgraded to V4.2, we had some issues, so we just removed it from our system.

That said, I did wait on MSN for you a few times for help, but didn't see you.

It wasn't life or death, so it kind of got pushed to the back of the line.

We are not moving to the PVA solution yet, nor do I see us doing so for some time, so we're sticking with PIM/PVC for the moment.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, for run the STEP2 ????

Step Two: Run the Create Table statements that are in sql-queries.sql on your MySQL database where WHMCS is installed in.

I do not see file "sql-queries.sql" Download ?

Please confirm "timgws" or all ?

Thanks !

Regards,

Hi,

@all For Step Two: "timgws" has forgot to add the sql file in the latest release zip file. But the sql file is available in the older release zip file. No need to worry as i'm going to attach it here. you can download the sql file from here & rename after downloading it to .sql extension then upload it to your database directly.

Regards,

CreatoR

SQL File:

sql-queries.sql.txt

Thanks CreatoR,

Just to ask a quick question, is anyone who is still on PIM experiencing problems with this module? I want to do another update to ensure that everything is as smooth as possible. Also, could people with a support contract with Parallels please help me out by asking them to update the PVA documentation to include the information that I need to get this module working on newer releases of Virtuozzo?

Thanks guys!

Thanks CreatoR,

Just to ask a quick question, is anyone who is still on PIM experiencing problems with this module? I want to do another update to ensure that everything is as smooth as possible. Also, could people with a support contract with Parallels please help me out by asking them to update the PVA documentation to include the information that I need to get this module working on newer releases of Virtuozzo?

Thanks guys!

Hi,

I'm still running on PIM , the module works fine except the unsuspend function , it echo's a succes message but the vps is still suspended .

Hi,

@all For Step Two: "timgws" has forgot to add the sql file in the latest release zip file. But the sql file is available in the older release zip file. No need to worry as i'm going to attach it here. you can download the sql file from here & rename after downloading it to .sql extension then upload it to your database directly.

Regards,

CreatoR

SQL File:

Hi CreatoR,

First thank you for the file. SQL, but I wonder why I still have the error message below after Addon Modules:

"Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in (path module) virtuozzo.php on line 55"

I have to change anything as the value in line 55?

Thanks for you Help.

Best regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi tuftystick,

No, this is only for Linux VPS hosts. Modifying the code for it to work on Windows would be pretty easy though. I don't have access to VZ on Windows, however (VZ on Linux is understandable, VZ on Windows... how is that even possible? It's a disaster waiting to happen...)

Regards,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

The download link for the Virtuozzo module has been fixed. (This will teach me for putting sites on development servers!)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parallels/13870918570 Please post a comment/like my rant to Parallels about documentation for Parallels PVA 4.5, which is stopping this module from working on newer versions of Parallels.

I have sent an email to "Drew", who is a person at Parallels responsible for Parallels server product documentation. He is going to get back to me in the next few weeks/months hopefully with the documentation that is required.

I am going to release an updated fix release that should fix issues with the SQL file. I am going to add an auto-install option, so there is no mucking around with installers.

Please help me to keep the pressure on Parallels to keep their documentation up to scratch!

Regards,

Tim