Custom Free Trials Addon

• 1 month later...
I setup a product, ordered it with a test user and it doesn't seem to be sending reminders or terminating.

Running the crons I get-

0 trial reminders sent!

0 trial accounts removal inserted!

Did you set the Pricing to a "Free Product" and then selected in the the "Freetrial" section under Admin Addons in WHMCS?

I think you may have to enable termination at Setup > Automation Settings > Enable Termination. Not 100% sure whether this is needed or not though. Would have to check...

No, that is for overdue accounts. My addon simply hooks into the termination requests queue that the WHMCS cron processes each time it is run.

since this dosent work for me , and i did completly follow the instrucions, can it have anythibng to do with what version of whmcs i have ? i have an older version. i got 3.8.1 latest is 4.0

Possibly. Do you get any error messages?

I didn't claim it supports 3.8, as I only use 4.0 here myself (latest 4.0.2)

Hi guys,

I have made an alternate Free Trials addon for WHMCS. It works like the WHMCS Gold one, except that is managed and configured completely from within WHMCS admin (so no need to manually edit files). This is hopefully easier for non-coders :)

A simple readme.txt is included in the ZIP.

hi!

i need a free trial script that works with more than one trial period.

may you want to expand the features at your addon?

i will pay for this feature as well!

b.r.

Manually add a free trial? How do you mean?

You need to manually edit the PHP file in order to get it working, whereas mine can be used just be setting up the package, and setting it up in the module addon in the admin section.

Either way, it has some interesting features that I may expand option in a new version of the addon. When it will be released, I have no idea.

Any idea how to make WHMCS automatically send out the New Account Information email for CentovaCast Streaming accounts? After approving orders I have to use the Send Message drop-down menu box and select Hosting Account Welcome Email and then press Send Message button.

With Shared Hosting accounts the New Account Information email is sent out but not the Order Confirmation.

I don't remember it being like this when I first installed the mod. I think a WHMCS update has changed some stuff.

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Any idea how to make WHMCS automatically send out the New Account Information email for CentovaCast Streaming accounts? After approving orders I have to use the Send Message drop-down menu box and select Hosting Account Welcome Email and then press Send Message button.

With Shared Hosting accounts the New Account Information email is sent out but not the Order Confirmation.

I don't remember it being like this when I first installed the mod. I think a WHMCS update has changed some stuff.

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Way to hijack a thread? :) You can set this in Product/Services by editing the appropriate product and making sure you have the Welcome Email set to the CentovaCast one.

Im getting a cron error, not sure what i have done wrong??

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: require(../../dbconnect.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/XXX/public_html/billing/freetrial/remindtrial.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: require(../../dbconnect.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/XXX/public_html/billing/freetrial/remindtrial.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '../../dbconnect.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/XXXX/public_html/billing/freetrial/remindtrial.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />

Im getting a cron error, not sure what i have done wrong??

<br />

<br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '../../dbconnect.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/XXXX/public_html/billing/freetrial/remindtrial.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />

Something is wrong with the cron call you set up. Please post it here.