Opensrs existing clients module

This workaround is OK, but I had problems with it.

Firstly, its not too clear in the text file exactly where the information (API key etc) goes (its in the section around line 130).

You also need to set the Test mode to yes or no (not mentioned in the dox)

It seems to me that as the WHMCS implementation of OpenSRS is fundamentally broken when it comes to existing (imported) domains that they should work on something like this php script and incorporate it into their core code.

Wow.. this was fun.. First.. the file download is RAR so you have to download it, rename it from zip to rar, then on your linux box, install unrar (yum install unrar), then unrar x stupidmodule.rar. Do it from in the modules/registrars dir it will create the correct dir itself..

Now edit the file go here function opensrsexisting_getConfigArray() in this section is where you put in your opensrs username and keys, change testmode to yes, or no.

After all that.. it just hoses the domain name, loses the screen in whmcs, so you have to use sql to remove the record...

So.. dont' bother

Wow.. this was fun.. First.. the file................

So.. dont' bother

The mod Bill provides does appear to work (for me) – and he has to be credited with so much of the hard work that has gone into it.

It took me quite a while to get it going simply because the dox were not clear at all how things should be set up and it took ages sorting it all out largely because I didn’t really know what I was supposed to be doing.

As you point out, even from the get go, its not a simple zip file you have to deal with!

If WHMCS didn’t use a unintelligent system with OpenSRS registered names then Bill would not have had to produce what he has. :|

• 6 months later...

Everything is working fine exept when an invoice get paid and the renew should be done automatically.

I get this error: Client has paid for the renewal of domain XXXXXX.XXX and the automated renewal attempt has failed with the following error: Current expiration year must be specified.

Any ideal of what's wrong with the code?

(By the way, the current expiration date in my WHMCS is the exact expiration date. So I dont know why I'm getting this error)

Edited by astralinterne

I can't solve your problem, but you need to be aware that WHMCS does now have a fix for Open SRS domains.

Its tucked away and not detailed very clearly.

The official doc is here: http://docs.whmcs.com/OpenSRS#Importing_Domains

The mention of the solution is easily missed (it’s under the Importing Existing Domains section) and is really very thin on the practical steps you need to do.

Here what you have to do:

You create a table called ‘mod_opensrs’ in your WHMCS database, and use it to store your OpenSRS username and pass for each domain.

You go to PhpMyAdmin, find the WHMCS table and create the new table there using this command.

CREATE TABLE `mod_opensrs` (`domain` TEXT NOT NULL ,`username` TEXT NOT NULL ,`password` TEXT NOT NULL)

When its created, populate it with the relevant domain, username and password

When that is done you will find the following will work: :)

• Register
  • Transfer
  • Renew
  • Registrar Lock
  • Update Nameservers
  • Update WHOIS
  • EPP Code

The following do not work :|

• Register Nameservers
  • DNS Record Management
  • Email Forwarding

This saved us a huge amount of work as we had imported a lot of OpenSRS domains and whilst other solutions were partly successful, there were snags with both of the working methods.

Trevor

I can't solve your problem, but you need to be aware that WHMCS does now have a fix for Open SRS domains.

Its tucked away and not detailed very clearly.

The official doc is here: http://docs.whmcs.com/OpenSRS#Importing_Domains

It might be nice to point out that this feature was added in v4.4.2 which could save someone trying to use it with v4.4.1 a ton of time. :-(

It would also be nice to hear from someone official whether there are plans to integrate the management of this table into WHMCS so I could know how much effort I should put into developing a solution for that.

Anyways, thanks a whole bunch, sohouk, your post was key to solving this.

-srw

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Folks

I'm using the latest version of WHMCS and still getting the Authentication error when I go to the summary of any OpenSRS domain. Does anyone know whether the fix above is still something we need to do for all domains or whether there is a new trick we can use to get around the problem?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Trevor

So for this new table - does it mean we have to enter every domain on the system, with its username and password into the database table, thereby duplicating all the work? My goodness - what about those of us with thousands of domains registered to our customers?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Trevor

So for this new table - does it mean we have to enter every domain on the system, with its username and password into the database table, thereby duplicating all the work? My goodness - what about those of us with thousands of domains registered to our customers?

Cheers

Chris

Yes, that's what we have had to do.

Hi there, nmadafeoajead02

it seems the solution we've discussed above is the only one that's valid at the current time. The way I solved it on my system is as follows:

I installed phpMyAdmin on my server and made sure it's not accessible by anyone but me.

Once installed I logged in and had a look at the WHMCS database.

Go to the table called mod_opensrs and click Insert

As a test, enter one of the domains you've added manually, with its password and login

Click the HOME button in phpMyAdmin once you have saved the table data

Click Privileges and then click Reload The Privileges to restart phpMyAdmin

Go back to WHMCS and select the domain you've used.

Change the nameservers as a test to something else.

All should be OK without the Authentication error.

Change the nameservers back to what they should be a re-save the domain entry,

It's a pain in the b*m but it works! ;)

Cheers - hope that helps.

Chris

• 9 months later...

We're now November 2012 and the solution above is still the only way to import existing domains. The page here (http://docs.whmcs.com/OpenSRS#Importing_Existing_Domains) really should be updated to point at least to this forum post. I don't know how much time I spent trying to find the table until I googled the issue and found this post and realized I had to create the table myself!

Roch Lambert

• 4 months later...

I've tried the adding the sql statement to my system and i've inserted the domain/user/password combo and i'm still unable to get it to work. Unable to lock/unlock can't update NS server. Can't update contact info or receive EPP code.

Also its worth nothing that i'm using the OpenSRSPro module supported by OpenSRS (https://opensrs.com/site/integration/tools/whmcs)

I have not tried using the default module since OpenSRS actively supports there module.

• 11 months later...

Los archivos que baje no me funcionaron bien, tuve que hacer convinacion de archivos dejando solo opensrsexisting.php y los demas archivos del original de opensrs, active el proveedor de dominios, cambie el proveedor en el dominio y active el ID de suscripción manejando el usuario/password y funciono corrrectamente