Paypal IPN setup

Sitecenter

Whmcs submittes the notify URL as part of the payment submission process to whmcs. Therefore paypal will return to that notify, this _should_ override the one that is in the paypal configuration. If you follow the instructions in the wiki you should have no issues. I have configured my paypal like that and all my transactions work file. Just check that you have your WHMCS url settings correct in your configuration.

From the Wiki:

You need to enable IPN and leave the callback URL blank. The callback URL is pre-populated with "http://", which must be deleted.

So if I put something in there who's to say it will definately override it?

"Just check that you have your WHMCS url settings correct in your configuration." - Where do you mean? The only option I have is to put in my Paypal email address...

"Just check that you have your WHMCS url settings correct in your configuration." - Where do you mean? The only option I have is to put in my Paypal email address...

Thats correct.

That should be all you need to do.

What is the probelm that you are not having. You can use ipn without setting the IPN variable on the paypal. Just put in your paypal email in your whmcs config then leave the box blank in the paypal config. ;)

I have not entered the IPN.

There are 2 types of IPN.

The ipn that is on the paypal site will send ANY payment that you get to your whmcs scripts. Eg if i was to paypal you some money to paypal@youraddress.com it would notify you. However using the whmcs form it will tell paypal to notify your whmcs of the completion of that payment that is being made. This is enough to be able to verify the success/failure of the whmcs payment/transactio

ps. Yes I have posted the same in 2 threads... people don't seam to be able to search :(

Shaun

I don't agree with you. If you want the IPN on you need the url.

This is the way im using it and im still getting payments ;)

As i have said there is IPN and a "notify url", these are 2 different paypal notification concepts.

WHMCS uses the Notify URL which is like IPN for that one transaction. The IPN in the paypal setup is notification for ALL TRANSACTIONS wether sent via whmcs or anyother method.

Trust me i'm not just a user but also a developer. If that was needed and changed in the last 2 weeks ALOT of whmcs users would be complaining.

Have you just tried receiving a payment using whmcs without IPN setup in the paypal profile ?

PayPal recently did an upgrade and it now won't let you save a blank url.

If you already had IPN setup before paypal did the upgrade you won't notice the diference or won't have a problem (if at all).

Go to your paypal account and edit your IPN settings and try to save it. (DON'T CLICK THE DISABLE BUTTON) some images attached

However as Shaun said WHMCS sends a Notify URL which should override the IPN url setting at paypal.

My IPN was already setup before their upgrade and I have had no problems at all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Here is the answer from Matt: " If there has been a change then it must be on PayPal's side. If you can't leave it blank just enter WHMCSURL/modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php"

Bit of a pisser by PayPal if you want to receive payments into 2 systems from a single Paypal account... :(

I just did a test purchase on my installation. The invoice payment confirmation email has this in the header:

X-PHP-Script: ...[removed].../modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php for (IP#)

I did set up the IPN just before they stopped allowing a blank url.