v4 and Kayako

Just like the post in Kayako.... it's a known problem.

When we looked into this, Kayako seems to link to a WHMCS id - not an email address. Which is rather useless. I raised a ticket with K and was told this was the way it should work.

We ended up using action hooks so when a user updates their email via WHMCS, it updates the owner of a tickets with the old email, to the new email.

Works well and we've had no problems with it. - so you might need to either do something similar, or remove the functionality for now. Either way, if you've been running this for some time - your two databases will be completely out of sync anyway.

Matt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are looking to integrate Kayako eSupport with WHMCS however having problems using the built in Kayako/WHMCS support. We are getting the blank page issue as mentioned in this thread as well as the following notices when accessing the page (enabled in php.ini):

Notice: Undefined variable: _LANG in /var/www/vhosts/secure.domain.net/httpdocs/knowledgebase.php on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: _a in /var/www/vhosts/secure.domain.net/httpdocs/knowledgebase.php on line 7

When accessing the supporttickets.php page we are seeing:

Notice: Undefined variable: _LANG in /var/www/vhosts/secure.domain.net/httpdocs/supporttickets.php on line 4

The supporttickets.php esupport page does load but with the attached error message:

ERROR: You do not have enough permissions to access this page. Please login by entering your Email and Password

We are running the latest WHMCS v4 along with an older version of Kayako SupportSuite 3.20.02 (17 Mar 2008). We are running Plesk 8.6 and PHP4, CentOS-4 - latest updates via Plesk.

I was also concerned as this thread mentions common issues with a lack of keeping the email address in sync. We are considering using the 3rd party add-on by Explovision that would address this issue however it requires a much later version of SupportSuite - http://www.explovision.net.

If anyone has any recommendations or available to assist as a consultant, we would be very happy to get this issue resolved so that we can launch our new site.

Picture 6.jpg

An update on this posting. I purchased the 3rd party add-on by Explovision that Josh (from Explovision) was able to install and test with Kayako v3.20. We also purchased the installation service and are now waiting for the install and Kayako + WHMCS integration to be completed.

• 3 weeks later...

This works 100% spot on. Thanks Matt, was a little worried when people started complaining but I love an easy fix :)

Just my findings so not an official solution but the issue appears to be that the kayako integration relies on a variable defined on the page to identify who is logged in rather than taking the value from the session. Try this, open modules/support/kayako/integrate.php and change:

if (!empty($GLOBALS['clientsdetails']['id']))
{
require_once ("./includes/clientfunctions.php");
$GLOBALS['whmcsuser'] = getclientsdetails($GLOBALS['clientsdetails']['id']);

to

if (!empty($_SESSION['uid']))
{
require_once ("./includes/clientfunctions.php");
$GLOBALS['whmcsuser'] = getclientsdetails($_SESSION['uid']);

Matt

I just installed WHMCS today, and have had Kayako for a few days as well. Kayako is located at /support and WHMCS is located at /clients on my domain. I'm trying to get some level of integration with the two, particularly with having the Kayako pages "inside" WHMCS.

I've done all of the required steps (edit the integration.php file, create new template group & assign it in Kayako) but when I go to any pages in WHMCS, I get an error that says:

"Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "kayako/submitticket.tpl" in /home/*******/public_html/clients/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095"

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? I have the latest stable versions of both software. There's a screenshot attached. Thanks.

WHMCStemplerror.jpg

You have uploaded the kayako templates within the templates directory, I assume?

Yes- all of them are there, but now I have that same screenshot from my last post but without the error. All of my support pages are just empty, but not completely. I have the WHMCS template, but no "body" of the page.