New Enom Name Spinner

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah I see. I never used that page before.

Anyway I looked at it a little bit and the current template code doesn't work because domainchecker.php's template uses a completely different set of variables then the domain checker templates in the cart. I'll see what I can do, but I'm buried under projects ATM, so probably won't be for a week or so at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, got this working relatively easily (after working out which template and ordering style I was using).

Getting it working on the domainchecker.php page would be very useful - most clients go to this page first when they want to check for domains.

Thanks for the addon - good work!

• 4 weeks later...

heyo! first of all thanks for this addon. However I can't get it working. I tried it at your website too but it deson't show anything? I followed your instructions and yet no results.

Also just to make sure, where do I place the namespinner.tpl file? in whmcs/templates or whmcs/templates/orderforms/web20cart ?? Tried to put in either of those folders it still doesn't work anyway.

Interesting, something changed since the other night.. I've upgraded the debug mode to give me some more info and now I'm getting this error message from cURL :

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Working on a fix right now..

You need to add

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

to the cURL parameters.

Adding

if(!$xml && $debug) {
		echo 'Curl error: ' . curl_error($ch);
	}

just below the curl_exec line might help others less knowledgable with debugging in the future.

This addon to WHMCS will use the ENOM provided API to generate domain name suggestions based on what the user searched for. This is a great tool to help your customers find a good domain name for their new website, or an additional domain name.

• 3 weeks later...
Getting it working on the domainchecker.php page would be very useful -

I agree whole heartedly....

I have tried myself a few times, but just tend to break it, lol.

I presumed it would just be a case of adding the code as with the other pages and adjusting the link to the .tpl accordingly......

But I either was getting the location wrong, or it just wont do that yet :?