Comodo api

frictionsweb

All I can tell you is best of luck,

I have made several inquiries into this with Matt....

Sent the docs they wanted and the matter was dropped...

this is just my opinion but there is no priority there since they get no recurring payments... where with the enom they get a cut since alot of users here have setup their enom account through whmcs )

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can tell you is best of luck,

I have made several inquiries into this with Matt....

Sent the docs they wanted and the matter was dropped...

this is just my opinion but there is no priority there since they get no recurring payments... where with the enom they get a cut since alot of users here have setup their enom account through whmcs )

One thing to keep in mind... feature requests are very different from sponsored features. We've never had WHMCS not complete a project/feature that we paid for.

-Eric

This isnt my first post in this thread.

I have offered to sponser it.

I even provided the Documentation on the subject

Please dont think I was coming down on these guys, I was merely pointing out what I believe to be the case

One thing to keep in mind... feature requests are very different from sponsored features. We've never had WHMCS not complete a project/feature that we paid for.

-Eric

How about all those of us begging for comodo club together with $100-200 each in sponsorship of the feature and have Matt take it on, surely it wouldnt be hard to put $2000-3000 together to have it made top of the list..
That's the idea for a venture contract. For around 200 bucks, legalzoom can draw up the paperwork, organize a bank account and pay whmcs to build the full comodo api module exclusively for our benefit then encrypt it with ioncube and sell it in the whmcs marketplace. Dissolve the venture entity when we all have recouped our investment and release it back under the GNU Lessor license. Or, remain a legal entity and build other modules for profit.

I would not be interested in having it developed for private use in an encrypted way, its better to have it available in the core product for all users, as then development, bug reporting and such can be undertaken by the entire whmcs community.

That's your choice. This api has been requested for well over a year. If whmcs won't act on it we will pay to have it done. As far as encryption goes this is not open source software. Even enomssl module is encrypted. Sorry you think that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Encrypted addons is a security risk if it isn't backed by Matt and WHMCS... If Credit Card or personal info is stolen in the order process who do we sue and file criminal charges against ? I doubt anyone is willing to step and warranty that here. If Matt would do something sneaky like that his business would go under over night.... Joe Blow addon creator wouldn't care.

Stolen identity is a real issue here for everyone in any country these days.

Encrypted addons is a security risk if it isn't backed by Matt and WHMCS... If Credit Card or personal info is stolen in the order process who do we sue and file criminal charges against ? I doubt anyone is willing to step and warranty that here. If Matt would do something sneaky like that his business would go under over night.... Joe Blow addon creator wouldn't care.

Stolen identity is a real issue here for everyone in any country these days.

Case in point: enomssl is a community add-on module to facilitate ordering SSL certs from enom. They used ioncube encoding the same that is used for whmcs. There is nothing wrong with protecting your source code.

Nothing in a comodo API module would store credit card information. Maybe you didn't know what an application programming interface. whmcs still holds any payment through your payment modules. This only talks to Comodo's API to get the services and product's ordered.

There are five companies already interested in a join venture.

I would not be interested in having it developed for private use in an encrypted way, its better to have it available in the core product for all users, as then development, bug reporting and such can be undertaken by the entire whmcs community.
Well the problem has been that we all have waited a very very long time. In organizing a joint venture, we will pay whmcs to develop a module which we as the joint venture will own. I don't know what other potential members of the venture would want, but, I would think recovering 100% of our investment before releasing it back to the community.

Let's get a larger commitment from the whmcs community and come to Comodo, LTD with a proposal to match our investment with real money to get whmcs to develop it for us.

Once released to the public, there's no reason a code.google.com account can't be created to allow community developers a chance to further enhance and contribute under a common attribution license.

• 3 months later...
It's not actually that hard to work with the Comodo API. We've got our base Comodo module working and going to add some more API functionality to it over the next few days.Matt

How did you plan on populating the products and product options? Are you going to store them in the module table and then the whmcs owner decides which to offer? Are you going to create the form for whmcs end clients to submit email and password or register new account and apply email and random password string? Some products can bundle with trials and/or other products/services as well.

It's not actually that hard to work with the Comodo API. We've got our base Comodo module working and going to add some more API functionality to it over the next few days.

Matt

Matt,

I'd be very interested to see how you do this. Will you be sharing or selling the module that you are putting together?

-Eric

How did you plan on populating the products and product options?

This is set in the product options, much like you would set in the cPanel module.

Are you going to store them in the module table and then the whmcs owner decides which to offer?

A mixture of product and custom/config fields (for years or SANs etc)

Are you going to create the form for whmcs end clients to submit email and password or register new account and apply email and random password string?

Uses the existing "email the client a link" which they click and configure like eNom

Matt

Not at present. We are using it live for some of our smaller projects and it's working perfectly.

We may look at releasing it in the future once we're happy with it but I am sure, by then, someone else will have a module ;)

Matt

• 2 months later...