Comodo api

frictionsweb

Matt, I have a rep from Comodo that is trying to get in touch with you in order to discuss integraing the COMODO API into WHMCS. His name is Jordan. I told him that the only way I would use this service is if it were included into WHMCS :) Please get back to him and let him know something one way or the other so we can get the ball rolling with something.

Thanks

Bryan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just got the reply from my inquiry into this from the Support Team. It is planned but no definate ETA. I for one definately applaud the development team and their hard work. Patience is a virtue, and the end result will no doubt be worth it.

Nice to know, it is planned. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I am also now interested in seeing this happen. Using an API integration would get us around the new Comodo requirement that every Cert uses email verification.

Vger

There is a good reason for them implementing this change - when they issued a SSL cert for mozilla.org to a third party who has no control over that domain, and who was not an admin for it. From the information Comodo released, the reseller in question was suspended for not carrying out checks against issued SSL certs.

I can only assume that the CAB Forum pushed Comodo to get this sorted, as there was various chatter for several weeks on having the Comodo root pulled from Firefox!.

when they issued a SSL cert for mozilla.org to a third party who has no control over that domain, and who was not an admin for it

and all that happened was the "puchaser" wasted their time and money ...

what would be the point of an SSL certificate for a domain you cant install it on ????

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're at Service Level 3 with comodo. There are many things we can sell besides certs. We're willing to open up a subversion project and tracker if everyone will chip in for the development costs. PM your interest and we'll get a quote from WHMCS to custom develop the module add-on and announce the total cost and see who is willing to co-sponsor development funds.

If enough people co-sponsor with contributed funds, we'll all hire them. This will include the cost to formulate a joint venture contract.