WHMCS branding remains in admin section?

poodog

What client managers do *not* have branding in the admin area? I've used quite a few, and they all have the authors company copyright on the pages. Can you say which one's you're using that don't (legally) have this in the admin area, and why it's a problem?

they all do - but many can be customised legally

Can you name the ones that allow you to remove thier copyright from the admin areas? I'm fairly certain this is not typically an acceptable action. Name at least one, with a link to proof that it's allowed, please?

Approach them as a distributer / reseller and many will for a paid fee :-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they won't, and I should know :P

I honestly don't see the bad point of having the copyright line in the admin area. I suppose it's a bit like I'd only buy cPanel hosting because I prefer that control panel. If a company used a debranded control panel where I couldn't tell what they were using I wouldn't buy from them.

By the way generic, are you asking to sell WHMCS as if you developed it?

What client managers do *not* have branding in the admin area? I've used quite a few, and they all have the authors company copyright on the pages. Can you say which one's you're using that don't (legally) have this in the admin area, and why it's a problem?

they all do - but many can be customised legally

Can you name the ones that allow you to remove thier copyright from the admin areas? I'm fairly certain this is not typically an acceptable action. Name at least one, with a link to proof that it's allowed, please?

Approach them as a distributer / reseller and many will for a paid fee :-)

Proof?

Reselling a product does not convey the right to debrand it (and pretend it's your own), and this is the first time I've *ever* heard anyone claim it. If you have some verifiable proof from a legitimate company, please provide it. At the very least, provide the name of the script, and I will personally contact them to ask.

i believe everyone has missed the point of this thread (WHICH I DID NOT START)

at first a purchaser misunderstood that the unbranded version was a clean version, no credits visible anywhere.

second it believe it became a question about private label for consultants and other development companies.

Example: Company A gets hired by company B to procude a billing system for their hosting comapny. Company A would like to offer company B WHMCS as the solution, but since its branded, company A can not offer it to company B as their own solution. If they do, once company B tries to login they will see the whmcs branding and soon discover they paid company A a lot of $$ for a readily available solution.

Basically i believe the point of this thread was if there could be an unbranded solution for a company to resell as their own, and what i understand is that there is not.

I however have had experience of supplying web solutions to many enterprise customers, WHMCS being encoded means you havent got a clue about the inside working of the system and would be providing a solution based on the manual, support from MATT (who seems to like you) and this forum.. - when asked for a specific root system change you would never be able todo it.. failing your SLA to your customer.

Therefore you could never honestly sell this as your own product to a customer. Offering it as a consultant as a professional piece of software which accomplishes the job at alot less cost than developing an adhoc product for them, this is the professional way of doing it...

Its abit like selling a client a PC with windows, you think microsoft will mind if you remove the logo?..

Example: Company A gets hired by company B to procude a billing system for their hosting comapny. Company A would like to offer company B WHMCS as the solution, but since its branded, company A can not offer it to company B as their own solution. If they do, once company B tries to login they will see the whmcs branding and soon discover they paid company A a lot of $$ for a readily available solution.
That's just it. They are being paid to procure one, not write it, or buy and pretend they wrote it. Essentially, that's fraud and as such is indefensible.

If company B hires me to make something for them, I make it. If they ask me to find them a solution, I do, and don't mark it up (unless I"m reselling it) or pretend I wrote it. I may charge them for setting it up but they own it, and won't be paying more than retail for the license.

I know you didn't start the question, but since you brought this point up, I quoted and answered you instead of the other member, since he's absent, it seems.

That's just it. They are being paid to procure one, not write it, or buy and pretend they wrote it. Essentially, that's fraud and as such is indefensible.

If company B hires me to make something for them, I make it. If they ask me to find them a solution, I do, and don't mark it up (unless I"m reselling it) or pretend I wrote it. I may charge them for setting it up but they own it, and won't be paying more than retail for the license.

I know you didn't start the question, but since you brought this point up, I quoted and answered you instead of the other member, since he's absent, it seems.

Exactly. You can still even do a single charge that covers the consultation and the product. Though its best to charge them separately for administration purposes, etc.

Well ive provided software solutions to multi-national UK firms, I could have had 3rd party developers build me something similar to WHMCS for £2/3k...or i could spend £8 a month on WHMCS and deliver a tested, supported solution to my client quickly.

Dont lie to your clients, they wont thank you for it :)

• 2 years later...

There is nothing relevant in this thread about WHMCS Admin Branding.

It would be useful to change the layout of the Admin side. It's nothing to do with selling the software to other customers, and "Pretending" it's your own. It's neccessary to blend into the total solution offered by the company. (And to make a more simplistic view for staff)

As far as i see, WHMCS is restricted in what it can do on the backend, but obviously is unrestricted on the front end.

It would be nice to be able to remove the branded line, as 90% of developers put their copyright in the source code. Since all the files are encoded, and each files has a section of info telling the viewer of the file, this file is encoded by WHMCS. I'd say it's pretty obvious....

Is there not a way to customise other pages? i.e. the Admin panel, and add links to other packages that we use?

Or perhaps use an iframe or some sort or include another php file, to display other statistics or information required?

I guess we'll just have to continue using our 4 different systems!

Thanks for the code on page 3!

Very helpful thread for that page!

(:

Thanks.

There is nothing relevant in this thread about WHMCS Admin Branding.

It would be useful to change the layout of the Admin side. It's nothing to do with selling the software to other customers, and "Pretending" it's your own. It's neccessary to blend into the total solution offered by the company. (And to make a more simplistic view for staff)

As far as i see, WHMCS is restricted in what it can do on the backend, but obviously is unrestricted on the front end.

It would be nice to be able to remove the branded line, as 90% of developers put their copyright in the source code. Since all the files are encoded, and each files has a section of info telling the viewer of the file, this file is encoded by WHMCS. I'd say it's pretty obvious....

Is there not a way to customise other pages? i.e. the Admin panel, and add links to other packages that we use?

Or perhaps use an iframe or some sort or include another php file, to display other statistics or information required?

I guess we'll just have to continue using our 4 different systems!

Thanks for the code on page 3!

Very helpful thread for that page!

(:

Thanks.

You just resurrected a thread that is two years old