WHMCS branding remains in admin section?

poodog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main reason I see for removing admin branding is if you use it for a customer solution - ie we have used other software for taking subscription and membership signups. I certaily wouldnt want them to see the branding when the client logs in ....

the main reason I see for removing admin branding is if you use it for a customer solution - ie we have used other software for taking subscription and membership signups. I certaily wouldnt want them to see the branding when the client logs in ....

ROFL, what does that the client area have to do with the admin area again? lol

ROFL, what does that the client area have to do with the admin area again? lol

youre confusing clients with client area. I'm talking about clients coming to us looking for a solution - ie they will be logging into the admin area.

We have many and get this on a daily basis - so far whmcs is ruled out because of this. This is a very standard idea , no brainer really - or at least the ability to edit it out of a php file.

We have many and get this on a daily basis - so far whmcs is ruled out because of this. This is a very standard idea , no brainer really - or at least the ability to edit it out of a php file.

And that's where the confusion comes in....

Why are clients logging into your admin area?

~YC

And that's where the confusion comes in....

Why are clients logging into your admin area?

~YC

no offense meant to anyone - but you have abviously never had to deliver a web solution to clients. We have people come to us on many occasions asking us to create a website solution that allows them to take subscriptions and signups for xxx product. So far we have delivered a lot of sites that allow the to take signups, process orders and take payment / billing etc. This means THEY log in as admin (not us) to process the orders etc.

If you remove the branding from whmcs admin side, you can then use the software to take custom book orders, website subscriptions, website access, educational site access and much more that you clients can log in and process (and you resell whmcs license). It removes whmcs from being restricted from hosting resellers.

• WHMCS CEO
you mean coming to you for a billing solution? you cant resell whmcs as your own solution.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is the exact reason why the copyright line is there. Why does a copyright line in the admin area "restrict WHMCS to hosting only"?

Matt

youre confusing clients with client area. I'm talking about clients coming to us looking for a solution - ie they will be logging into the admin area.

What client managers do *not* have branding in the admin area? I've used quite a few, and they all have the authors company copyright on the pages. Can you say which one's you're using that don't (legally) have this in the admin area, and why it's a problem?

you mean coming to you for a billing solution? you cant resell whmcs as your own solution.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is the exact reason why the copyright line is there.

Matt

OK - so I will go with another solution that will allow this . Seriosuly consider it - copyright is not an issue - or increase the price to allow this and suddenly open up the potential for whmcs software to non hosting related markets.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is the exact reason why the copyright line is there.

Matt

OK - so I will go with another solution that will allow this . Seriosuly consider it - copyright is not an issue - or increase the price to allow this and suddenly open up the potential for whmcs software to non hosting related markets.

Unless something has changed, MB doesnt allow this.

What client managers do *not* have branding in the admin area? I've used quite a few, and they all have the authors company copyright on the pages. Can you say which one's you're using that don't (legally) have this in the admin area, and why it's a problem?

they all do - but many can be customised legally

ehm not if they log in as admin and see the branding we wont :-)

im crying, really i am. Whoops, no im not. =P

apologies - thought this was a sensible topic being discuseed by professional business people.

• WHMCS CEO

I still fail to see why the copyright line limits it to the hosting market? It doesn't change what the system can do.

I still fail to see why the copyright line limits it to the hosting market? It doesn't change what the system can do.

no it doesnt but it does restrict the reseller and distributer market. If two systems can do similiar things, but one has their name stamped on it - which one do you think will get purchased? Its not always a case of what a sytem can do - but also delivering a white label solution, of which we have a lot of exerience.

Im not saying - just do it, but offer the option, perhaps paid, to remove admin branding too :-)

Well, I told you i would come up with a simple non branded admin login screen, so here it is.

Add this to your whmcs install root directory htaccess file or create a new one if you dont already have one:

Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^admin/adminlogin.php$ templates/admin/login.tpl [L,NC,NS]
RedirectPermanent admin/login.php [url]https://yourdomain.com/admin/adminlogin.php[/url]

Make sure you customize that RedirectPermanent url to whatever you want. If you have ssl available, i recommend you use it.

Then create a folder in your whmcs templates folder called admin, then create a blank file called login.tpl add this html.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
	<title>YOUR TITLE HERE</title>
	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
	<script type="text/javascript">
		function sf(){document.frmlogin.username.focus();}
	</script>
</head>
<body onload="sf();">
	<table width="100%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary="layout table">
		<tr>
			<td colspan="2" valign="top" style="padding-top:13px;padding-bottom:13px;">
				<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary="layout table">
					<tr>
						<td valign="top">
							<center>
								<form method="post" action="../../admin/dologin.php" name="frmlogin">
									Username: <input type="text" name="username" size="30" />

Password: <input type="password" name="password" size="30" />

<input type="submit" value="Login" class="button" />

[url="../../admin/login.php?action=remind"]Forgotten your password? Click Here[/url]
								</form>
							</center>
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
</body>
</html>

Like i said, its nothing fancy, but its functional and will let you hide the the fact that its whmcs to anyone that stumbles upon your whmcs admin folder. As soon as you login, your back to the normal look of whmcs and will of course see the powered by and whm logo, etc.

Hope others fine this useful as I really had no need for it. =P

NOTE: the password reminder part is going to work with this method. I cant think of a quick fix off the top of my head and since i really have no need for this, im not going to spend any more time on it. 15 mins is enough. =P Feel free to share the solution here if you figure it out and i will update this thread.

Well, I understand what you want to DO with the software, but I still think that Matt should leave the Copyright at the bottom. PLUS the title of all the admin pages say whmcompletesolution. Im guessing under your situation you would want this removed as well?

they all do - but many can be customised legally

Can you name the ones that allow you to remove thier copyright from the admin areas? I'm fairly certain this is not typically an acceptable action. Name at least one, with a link to proof that it's allowed, please?

not a web bost one i can think of off the top of my head, but candy press shopping cart allow you to remove the visible copyright (not in the code thout) so you can sell it to your developent clients.

lol, the base product is free and it looks like the source is open. Thats like comparing apples to oranges.