Can WHMCS be set to bill for bandwidth / disk overage?

ntemple

cobrastrike, I'm sure if you did a search on the forum, you'll see many people are interested, but you're a brand new user, with no track record on this forum. No one knows you, no one knows what your skills / motives / etc are. I honestly think that before you offer custom work, and expect people to rush-in to get it, you need to prove yourself a bit.

I also want to add, this should be a core function of WHMCS, and not an addon. WHMCS's main purpose is to bill and keep track of invoices for hosting purpose. Bandwidth & disk usage plays as big a role as hosting packages do.

How many people are interested in getting a WHMCS addon that would bill clients for going over the alotted bandwidth and disk space?

If there are enough people I can put something together, the only thing is that I usually charge for scripting work. Depending on the interest however I most likely will do it out of the goodness of my heart.

This must be on the verge of breaking the forum rules for advertising!!

I agree this should be a part of the core, in particular during the daily cron run.

Does anyone know whether a feature request for this has been submitted already?

Good point. I've seen a lot of threads discussing this topic but never any response from WHMCS. Maybe they're not fully aware yet that the community is clamouring for overuse billing. Any volunteers for submitting a feature request? ;-)

How many people are interested in getting a WHMCS addon that would bill clients for going over the alotted bandwidth and disk space?

If there are enough people I can put something together, the only thing is that I usually charge for scripting work. Depending on the interest however I most likely will do it out of the goodness of my heart.

+1 for me.

This must be on the verge of breaking the forum rules for advertising!!

I agree this should be a part of the core, in particular during the daily cron run.

If there is not a great enough interest I will make it and put it in the commercial area. If there is a large enough interest I will do it for free.

I have since discovered on this forum that those fields are only applicable if you have cPanel and they are updated daily by the cron.

We've been testing extracting the mrtg/cacti usage data and populating those fields with another cron job in anticipation of pre-advising colo/servervps clients when approaching the limits (as thold in cacti has problems) and marrying the details up to our transit products - thats all taken a backseat for some other developments, but something we will becoming back to later in the year ...

We are interest in this, as Soft said, do a search on the forums and you will find a LOT of people looking for this.

I concur with Sparky on this that it should be part of the core files, although many people who submit their addons such as the 'Maintenance mode' module is now in plans for the next version :)

I think thats a lot of recognition to have your addon implemented into such a godo system as it stands.

It is of course your call however consider will you get more interest if it is free or if people have to purchase it?

Hope you make the right choice for the community :)

Regards

Well I am currently working on this along with 3 other projects, one of which is to monitor CPU usage per account better than cPanel does. I was considering a possibility of adding that into this project, but at the same time I realize most people are just running off of reseller accounts. If you would like to talk about this more in-depth however I would be glad to.