how to upgrade client package?

Francisco

As stated by nhouck you just need to set it up... Whmcs does automatically upgrade the plans.... Once you have this set up you either change the plan in your admin panel or the customers client area -> Products and services -> click the Icon, this will bring you to the product details page which will have a button that says upgrade/downgrade

to allow upgrading you have to edit each plan, to do so go to Configuration -> products service -> click the edit button on the first plan -> click upgrades tab -> Select all the plans that you wish to allow this plan to either upgrade or downgrade to -> Hold CTRL to select more than 1.

If you want the customer's invoice to be prorated be sure to check pro-rata billing on the pricing tab

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I found that package has changed but not the webspace/quota.

best

n.a

One reason could be that you are exceeding your quota, if you are on a reseller plan. There appears to be no warning from WHMCS if this is the case, it will appear to upgrade.

Go to WHM and try to manually increase the quota.

• 4 weeks later...
As stated by nhouck you just need to set it up... Whmcs does automatically upgrade the plans.... Once you have this set up you either change the plan in your admin panel or the customers client area -> Products and services -> click the Icon, this will bring you to the product details page which will have a button that says upgrade/downgrade

to allow upgrading you have to edit each plan, to do so go to Configuration -> products service -> click the edit button on the first plan -> click upgrades tab -> Select all the plans that you wish to allow this plan to either upgrade or downgrade to -> Hold CTRL to select more than 1.

If you want the customer's invoice to be prorated be sure to check pro-rata billing on the pricing tab

Hello,

I am new to this forum,

Is WHMCS work for upgrade/downgrade package of client or domain for windows Plesk control panel 9.2

Please provide me solutions if is possible.

Thanks

Just update your package under the Update product page...WHMCS will take care of all else.

Are you referring to the Client Area? There is no option to upgrade in the admin on the products/services page of the client.

You have to choose the plan from the drop down list, check auto recalculate and save. Then you have to manually click change plan.

This however does not take care of the current billing changes. If an invoice is already created for the next fue date, it does not change. It only reflects the older package. I have to manually edit the invoice or delete it.

This is very messy, so I assume something is wrong in my setup.

I believe this is covered by the "Pro rata" billing option.

On my system, it does nothing of the sort and I have pro-rata set on every plan. This only works if you are logged in as the client. The problems with that?

1. You can not upgrade if a invoice exists for the following month.

2. Credit card orders require cvv2, even if the card is on file.

Edited by rldev

In a similar situation here ... have setup all the packages that are allowed to be up or downgraded.

The customer logged in, placed an order for the upgrade to go ahead.

Now, upon an admin logging in and clicking "Accept Order" I would expect the following:

1) Pro-rate costs and invoice accordingly (done)

2) Up/downgrade package accordingly (NOT done)

3) Update costs for the next full billing cycle to be that associated with the new package (NOT done)

4) Email the customer to say the package has been successfully up/downgraded (NOT done)

Am I missing something or do I really need to go to the "Products/Services" page, find the domain and click on the "Change Package" button - I thought by approving the order, steps 2-4 would have been handled automatically?

Sorry John but with all due respect, the Wiki does not answer the question regarding the complete process!

"your clients can upgrade or downgrade the products and packages they have with you from the client area. When they place an upgrade or downgrade order, they will be refunded what they haven't used of the current cycle on the existing product/service and then charged for the remainder of the cycle at the new product/services price. The next due date doesn't change."

The client did all of this, we received the order and 'accepted' it. It is the next step that does not appear to be documented.

I expected to see the user's package being upgraded after clicking on "accept order" but no, I had to change it in the drop down, click on "change package" and then click on "Auto Recalculate Recurring Price on Save" and "Save Changes".

Apologies if I have missed something critical in the process but I simply cannot see it on the system or the documentation.

Thanks