domain suggestion tool

wyatt121

hi ive added the files and made the changes as stated above, however after clicking submit, i get "sorry no results found"

Ive added my opensrs username and private key ofcorse.

I appreciate any help or im willing to hire you directly to help implement and maybe modify this code/plugin.

my ICQ number is: 567856388

or i'll monitor this thread.

thanks!

Hi,

Ive tried several things such as apple or business.

i get this on the following page (suggest_name.php)

Below Are Your Suggested Available Domain Names

Domain Name Status More Info

Sorry there were no results found!

Thanks

Sorry for late reply i have not been available. Not sure whats going on with your install of this. Worked for me perfect and 35 others have not said it didnt work. Has to be something with your install of it, a permission, something strange. Your not getting an error? Do you have errors set to show and did you check your log?

I dont know that to tell you honestly, it has to be something that is special to your environment i would think. Also this is not my mod, i just found it and did some small improvements and then loaded it back for other to do the same. Sorry i cant be more help but im surprised its not working.

• 1 month later...

hey jo2jo i got it working and i did forget to tell you one thing on this and i apologize, you need to make sure in your opensrs that you add the ip's add your ded ip as well as your shared ip for your hosting domain.

in opensrs after you log in there are two ways, opensrs new control panel or the old one.

(for the old one)

After you log in go all the way to the bottom section under profile management and click on "Add ip's for Script/API" access and make sure your hosting company shared and ded ip's are listed in there.

(for the new opensrs control panel)

Under domain manager click on API and on the bottom of that page make sure your hosting company shared and ded ip's are listed in there

It does take a little bit to propagate, would not work for me for about an hour then it started pulling up results on the list. I think the issue your having.

I dont have an account anywhere else so to be honest im not sure, i think if you dont use opensrs you will need to change some of the coding but its prob pretty easy to do i would think, it all depends on that other companies API i suppose.

it sounds alot more complecated then it really is to set this up for opensrs, once you do it, its like that was easy.

If you mean have WHMCS use another provider and have this use opensrs, i dont see why not. It sort of runs independently, it just uses the templates but the connection to opensrs apprears to be independent. So yes i think you can do that.

But a reminder that i am only talking about the version i improved which my threads i think start at post #20, i have instructions in those posts as well as the files download. Thats what i am using is the improved version not the original.

Edited by durangod

I was sitting here thinking about your question and something came to mind, as far as the spinner working yes it should, but what about registration, if the spinner looks up the domain as available on opensrs but you have the whmcs set to a different provider, i dont know if it will default to the other provider when the client registers or not. Thats a good question and a unique situation i think. The only way your gonna know is to play with it and see what happens.

• 1 year later...

i know this is old but i just found a needed update to make this work again.

looks like opensrs added two new elements to the array so just change this line from [5] to [7] and it should work again,

inside namespinner.tpl

the first item you see in you see in this line is now 7 it used to be 5, make yours 7 too and it will work.

$lookups = $spinnerresults->body->data_block->dt_assoc->item[7]->dt_assoc->item->dt_assoc->item[4]->dt_array->item;

• 3 weeks later...

You do know that WHMCS now does this for you automatically if you check the box and highlight the tlds you want it to show. It's called "Bulk Check TLD's" it's under Settings --> General --> Domains

Did not know if you knew that. I am using the latest version of WHMCS so it may be brand new and newer than this thread, so I thought I would post it here for new people looking for the same thing.

Hi and thanks for the nice reply, but it is not the same. The one you talk about only shows other tld of same name. The one here (namespinner) shows random names similar to the name you input. For example: if someone enters turtle and searches this one will return many variations of ??turtle??

The one in whmcs does not do this... :)

Thanks, honesty i dont know, i have never tried it with them. As long as you can grab their array of data i would say yes. I had to fix this copy a bit to get it to work right with opensrs so if you know php and how to use the reseller API to grab the array then sure but you will have to code that part yourself. If you want to see it working i an show you mine but its opensrs though..

The basic structure is there, all you need to do is change it over to reseller club but keep the same file structure the same i would think.

PS. you will also need to know the url they use and the port number they use..

Edited by durangod