V3.6.1 Preview Feedback

Matt

Sheesh, everyone stop whining. Matt already said you can use the old style if you like and of course as always, you can modify the template to how you want it anyway. I do agree that i dont like the design, but hey, its no big deal as i can make it look whatever way i want. Thanks matt for the big improvements overall!

thnaks for reminding me, MACscr.

Of course i can make changes. Which means I could probable create a few custom graphs, and drop in some hotlinks too. In fact I could add things that aren't even there yet, that I really want.

But can it tell me when I really need coffee, or better yet, even to make one for me?

That's the mod we are all really waiting for

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the new admin portal but shouldn't numbers be clickable ?

so pending orders number be clickable to show pending orders page and same with clients / invoices / user accounts.

Also how would the "Closed" status for clients mean ?

I hope we can use it so any client with no active products/orders can be classified as inactive or closed.

• WHMCS Developer
Hi Matt,

Thatz a gud admin page.. ofcourse as others said we are used to the old admin page and hence they are feelin lil uncomfortable without the left menu.

Anyway, it is just an option rte. Anytime, we can revert back to the old template.

Btw i remember you mentioning in one of the posts that the POP email import functionality for the tickets will be improved in V3.6.1 so that it will work with GOOGLE APPS.

Has it been done..? would appreciate if it was fixed and released along this version. Many of using GOOGLE APPS and would require this functinality

Regards,

Sriram

It's on the dev tracker so it should be there :)

wwwoooooooooooooooooooooowww

I love the home page, the client summary and all of the little quirks,.. love it to death :)

Man, excellent job,.. we have over 1200 customers, and this new move will certainly help us get a general snapshot of each customer's status.

Thank you very much :)

Does the Buld domain availability checker allow you to register the avaible ones afterwards (aftershowing the results) ???

¿Perhaps not working?. I just searched these domains:

sdfgsdfg.es

dfsdfsdf.com

asdcasdc.es

cyberneticos.com

cyberneticos.es

cyberneticos.net

cyberneticos.org

cyberneticos.us

and go this result:

X dfsdfsdf.com Unavailable WWW WHOIS

X cyberneticos.com Unavailable WWW WHOIS

X cyberneticos.net Unavailable WWW WHOIS

X cyberneticos.org Unavailable WWW WHOIS

That's it. I did not get the "Available!! Select to register [x]" stuff

The new admin homepage is great, graphics can be processed by the brain much faster than text, so that's certainly an improvement.

Can't say I'm a fan of the new client summary page though, it seems too cramped. That said, the list of products, addons and domains is very useful.

A global option for auto renew would be handy, so that auto renew for all domains is disabled by default.

• WHMCS CEO
The new admin page is really good, but I wish the most important part (for us) was at the top - the To-Do List - rather than having to scroll down.

As has already been mentioned in this thread the admin area homepage is controlled by a template file so if you do want things in a different order or position then you can do that. You can also add things which aren't there by default like links to sites you often have to visit, other data retrieval/summaries, etc...

With the bulk checker, it does indeed give you the option to register the available domains if they are found to be available. Your .es domains will have been excluded as they aren't setup as an accepted TLD in the demo. The others will be taken like it said.

Matt

Looks good Matt....nice layout, clean template, and great ideas.

I may be thinking of this wrong in my mind, but it appears that all the homepage graph bars are at 50% no matter what the number is.

Domains

Pending 1

Pending Transfer 0

Active 3

Expired 0

Cancelled 0

Fraud 0

Hover over any of them and they all show 50%, yet would not Pending be 25% and Active 75%? Again, I may be thinking wrong, but just noticed and thought to bring out in discussion for others.

After looking at the new client summary page for a while I've decided it's good, but I'd really like it to be a template too. A few things about it (eg no colons, no dark header bars, less easily-read address details) don't sit too well with me :)

I like the new admin home page! The link list on the left being missing is not a big deal to me but it was useful. Having the items on the admin home page linkable would make the new home page even better. Cheers! Thanks, Matt for all your hard work!:-P

After looking at this a little longer I have to agree with those who said that the bars are taking up too much space uneccessarily. The graphic bar servers a purpose, and that is to get an "idea" (not a precise graphic relation) of how some thing might be doing,. I think their width can be cutdown in half at least. 3 statuses can be easily depicted in 10-20 pixels, instead of like 50 or 60.

I definetely have the need to click on them, instead of having to scroll up, find and then select (after eyeballing similar looking links in the drop-down menu and getting confused for .5 seconds) the choice I want.

The private notes really do not need to take up that much valuable vertical space either, I think most people when they log in do not have the need to encounter that right smack in the middle of the screen. It's just not an important piece of info that needs to be seen EVERY time.

I do agree that the to-do list IS something that needs to be refferenced EVERY time you login, and would certainly feel like it needs to be there at least it's more important then the 800x200 private notes textarea.

And I REALLY REALLY REALLY think we need that Intelligent Search on EVERY PAGE. Why ? Becuase if everytime we are done with a client, we have to go back to the home page just to be able to search for another one and do this 50 times a day, we just save 50 clicks. (unessessary clicking really, gets on my nerves), and it's the best search feature WHMCS has.

I also think that we need the Invoice Tab (invoice list table) to show at least the first item of that invoice. Becuase When you have let's say 30 invoice (3 pages of invoices) and you want to know which invoice was for xxxx domain or service, you have to click on each one to see what they are,.. and then go back to the list again, and click on the next one,.. and that is a royal pain. Or when you want to comparre tow of them or 3 (god bless ) then it's impossible. MAybe this could be a feature for 3.6.2 if it's too late to add a field to that table.

Everything else is really tight, we are definetely heading in the right direction and I realy feel like all of these things are done with us, your customers, in mind, so I'm really happy with this new release.

Cheers

Just to add my pennys worth.

I know this sounds a little stupid I would have a guess alot of people find the new dev home page admin wiered because its aligned to the middle where the rest of the site is to the left.

By bringing back the left menu and align to the left I think you would find the other developers would like it more. And if possible to reduce the size of the bars so they dont take up so much space.

Regards

123 Cart

Matt, is it possible in the new layout, for anyone that wants to use it,

to make the text Linkable to its specific page?

So, it should really be "At a Glance page -plus- direct navigation"

if all text like:

Clients > Active, Inactive, Closed (direct links)

Support tickets > Open, Answered, Customer-Reply, On hold etc (direct links to the

specific categories/pages) and goes on...

I have attached an image to show what I am talking for.

(Anything in circle to be a direct link for the specific page)

Regards,

Chris

links.JPG

To me it seems the main thing that would help here is a full on theme for the admin area. It's a bit hard on the eyes as it is now due to it all sort of "blending" together. We're moving over from Modernbill 4.4 on our main domain and the first time we logged into WHMCS Admin area it was very hard to understand just because we are so used to the txt_default theme in our old software. I think an overall theme or the ability to have themes created for the admin area would be a huge plus.

However the changes in 3.6.1 are totally helpful for us as we're used to that sort of layout as it is on our old software and the new client info page is AWESOME!

Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks Matt!