Jump to content
thisismatt

Cron's DivisionByZeroError Problem

Recommended Posts

As the title says, Cron has encountered a DivisionByZeroError error for 2 days on the run now. Invoices aren't being generated, along with any other processes relying on Cron.

The full email content is (have changed certain path elements) in the attached; as I couldn't include this text in the post.

 

Thanks anyone that can help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply put during cron WHMCS causes the fatal error as it is trying to divide a null variable by a number. Probably there is a null amount somewhere in tblinvoiceitems or tblinvoices. No one apart from WHMCS staff can help you fixing this error as they obfuscate PHP files so that you never know what is the exact line that caused the error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Raised a ticket.
However, after that I tried to upgrade to 8.6.1 and it failed; wiping out the entire instance! So a manual re-install from scratch and the whole problem is fixed. Go figure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @thisismatt,

Can you please confirm whether you're running v8.6.1?

 

I can indeed confirm that I am now running 8.6.1 and the error no longer appears.

The auto-update failed and bricked my installation, so a full manual re-install was required though. But all good in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @thisismatt.

Glad to hear the issue is now resolved.

With regards to the auto-updating issue; what error did you experience, please?

Some of the most common errors are detailed at:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

With regards to the auto-updating issue; what error did you experience, please?

 

Unfortunately I didn't make a note; I was in too much of a rush to get it back up again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @thisismatt,

The entries in the tblupdatelog table from the time of performing the-update may provide some indication of the root cause of the problem.

Please do share them here for us to review.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @thisismatt,

The entries in the tblupdatelog table from the time of performing the-update may provide some indication of the root cause of the problem.

Please do share them here for us to review.

 

I've got the dump of the table, but as it contains paths/filenames unique to me I'd rather not add it here, how can I share with you guys privately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated