WebHostingPeople

showing product group in non- default currency

Hi,

I want to show a specific product group with proucts with a specifc currency in client  area  navigations.

Please guide me how can we do it.

Hey guys,

I'm also wondering the same thing. I haven't figured out a way to do this yet.

My default currency is in CAD, and I only want the Dedicated Server Product group to use USD as a default.

Possible to do without a lot of work?

Thanks guys!

8 hours ago, astewart said:

Hey guys,

I'm also wondering the same thing. I haven't figured out a way to do this yet.

My default currency is in CAD, and I only want the Dedicated Server Product group to use USD as a default.

Possible to do without a lot of work?

Thanks guys!

As per WHMCS guys statement, it`s not possible and does not come in scope of WHMCS and only by default currency it`s possible.  

Well, it is possible, but you'd have to use your own code to achieve it.

You could use the product price feed: https://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds#Product_Pricing_and_Currency
You'd then have to basically build your own product page to have the prices shown in USD.

Also, when the visitor puts the product in their cart, it would show up as whatever default currency you have configured.

9 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

Well, it is possible, but you'd have to use your own code to achieve it.

You could use the product price feed: https://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds#Product_Pricing_and_Currency
You'd then have to basically build your own product page to have the prices shown in USD.

Also, when the visitor puts the product in their cart, it would show up as whatever default currency you have configured.

Thanks Dennis.

I was hoping there would be a more trivial process for this, but I guess it will take a little more work then expected. 

And thank you for the idea on building a custom product page and utilizing the 'Product Pricing and Currency data feed'. I think that might just work.

If I can get this working, this will be perfect.

Cheers!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nguyễn Tấn Phát
      Post Old : 

Hi, I am Vietnamese
      I do not have good English communication, but I can use Google Translate
      If you run into trouble like this user, you can do it the following way
      - Access phpMyAdmin
      - Find a table named tblcurrencies or something similar
      - Here you pay attention to the default column and edit it
      - Set a value 1 for currency you want to be default, the other set values with 0

* Note: Because WHMCS does not allow users to edit the default currency on the Website Admin, so it is imperative that we change it in phpMyAdmin. Be careful about what you change at phpMyAdmin and consider carefully, and you need to understand what you are doing.

• By sitesme
      Hi,

We have setup our WHMCS in AED currency but we need to change to USD now for the automatic exchange rates to work properly.

The problem is that we set manually (in the database) the USD with default=1 but USD has id=3 on the database and it messes up with the automatic exchange rates so we we need to replace AED to USD on id=1.

I need assistance with the following (with the right MySQL commands) if anyone can help?

1) Make USD as the default currency but with ID=1, replacing AED currency - this is easy and I can do it manually in the database.

2) Create AED as ID=4 (doesn't exist yet) but I can easily create under the admin area

3) ADVANCED level now: make a mass change in the database to change all currencies from ID=1 to ID=4 so they can keep the exact same currency. Is the command something like this?

UPDATE `tblclients` SET `currency` = '4' WHERE `currency`=3;
      There is no need to update any other clients' currencies, we can do this manually as there are not that many.

The only problem / concern is that I would like all invoices / quotations as they are (no change of currency) which I think it won't affect, right?
      As far as I know, the currencies will only affect the products pricing and the clients preferred currency, but please confirm if this is the case.

I highly appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thank you a lot