WHMCS John

Client Area Home Page SSO - Share Your Experience

Hi testers!

With WHMCS 8.5 clients can now login to cPanel, WHM and Plesk directly from the Client Area Home Page:

whmcs-v85-client-home-page-sso-screen.pn

To learn more check out the new Feature Spotlight: Client Area Home Page SSO blog post.

During the pre-release testing we want to hear about your experiences with feature.  Some potential starting points for discussion are:

• What was your experience viewing the client area home panel and its appearance?
  • Is the process for logging in and managing services clear to users?
  • Did users experience any errors using the sign-in buttons?

In addition to resolving any errors which might occur, understanding any pain points is of particular interest to us. Your input will help us tweak messaging in the product or documentation and publish support articles.

Please submit your feedback by reply to this thread. Thanks for your help in the pre-release testing!

I haven’t checked this yet, but a few questions came up:

- What if a client got many services ?
- Is there a view limit to set for display ?
- Is the panel displaying the last active services ?

19 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

I actually really like this as an addition to the client area - wish mobile view had been prioritised though 

So do I.  In fact it's pretty much the same as the excellent Quick Server Login mod I've been using for nearly a decade https://www.cmsbased.net/modules/whmcs/quick-server-logins .  So I can just keep using that and avoid paying WHMCS for functionality I already have.  Winning 😄

On 5/13/2022 at 8:23 PM, pRieStaKos said:

I haven’t checked this yet, but a few questions came up:

- What if a client got many services ?
- Is there a view limit to set for display ?
- Is the panel displaying the last active services ?

It's the same "Active Products" panel that has existed since Homepage Panels were introduced.  If the client has a lot of active products, the panel will have a scrollbar. It's only for active products.

1 minute ago, DennisHermannsen said:

It's the same "Active Products" panel that has existed since Homepage Panels were introduced.  If the client has a lot of active products, the panel will have a scrollbar. It's only for active products.

Thank you