Sign in to follow this  
ConorBradley

Removing Language URLS

Hi Guys,

How to I remove the language URL's for each page? I'm only wanting English on there, I know about the Hook to hide the languages however they still appear.

Thanks,
Conor

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 21.31.53.png

Posted (edited)

Language parameter is optional and inside the source code. You can disable the language option to client area, but parameter will still be available.

Edited by pRieStaKos

Remove the language files from your installation and they should not be able to set the language and the default will be used.

Thanks for the reply guys. My aim is to remove the URLs that you can see in the image rather than stopping the clients from selecting the languages. Its more for SEO related tasks, is this something we can do?

Posted (edited)

Just define the canonical URL inside rel attribute of link tag. This way Google sticks to this URL ignoring the rest.

Keep in mind that this change will not give you any SEO advantage, not even in a million years.

I also suggest you to ignore any SEO health score tool you are probably using. Reaching 100/100 score will not be beneficial from an SEO perspective. SEO is not so "stupid" moreover WHMCS and SEO are on two different planets.

A website from 1998 probably has the same SEO potential than WHMCS. Don't waste your time with it. Your time is better spent on attracting new customers instead of trying to fix WHMCS. Making WHMCS SEO-friendly takes months of development.

Edited by Kian

Hy, am john using WHMCS from last three months. i have an issue with Pages Meta Descriptions, Meta Titles & Duplicate Content. Kindly Suggest me how can i Fix it...