evolve hosting

Cross Sell not always appearing and cart empty after adding

Posted (edited)

I have 2 products created. 1 using Auto Release and 1 using cPanel

Settings for cross sell are attached

I go to the store and add a hosting package

After selecting my domain option, there's no sign of a cross sell for the second product

I don't have a domain registrar activated but I'm using 'use my domain my already own' and after that, the cart is empty

Lots of bugs with this right now

PHP 7.4.29

EDIT: I setup hexonet with test credentials and I'm still getting an empty cart after trying to add product and cross sell product when requiring a domain during configuration of the product.

Also, as an example, I have a hosting product and a firewall. If I assign firewall as a cross sell to the hosting plan and the hosting plan to the firweall as a cross sell - there are issues. I go and add the hosting plan first as a product, then the firewall as the cross sell. When it loops me back through to configure the firewall cross sell, it wants to show me the hosting plan as a cross sell. There should be some sort of check to prevent this from happening, IMO since at that point, I already have a hosting plan in the cart and don't need to see the option to cross sell another hosting plan to me.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.00.44 PM.png

Edited by evolve hosting

Hi @evolve hosting,

Thanks for the report.

I've tested here on my stock 8.5 beta installation using the Twenty-One and Standard Cart themes. I confirm that the Cross-Sell message is correctly displayed after clicking "Continue" on the Product Configuration screen to add the product to the cart.

Can you confirm the file path at which the cross-sell is not being displayed as expected, please?

Are you testing on a brand new installation?

Are there any custom themes or order form templates in place?

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 09.37.09.png

Yes I see it working on my end also 🙂

2 hours ago, wsa said:

Yes I see it working on my end also 🙂

Are you using the 'require domain' option and are you 'using an existing domain' or trying to register / transfer one during the process?

5 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Can you confirm the file path at which the cross-sell is not being displayed as expected, please?

Are you testing on a brand new installation?

Are there any custom themes or order form templates in place?

Fresh install. No custom theme or template in place. No additional mods or code changes.

It works when I click the 'continue' or 'add to cart' button and I see it working on the register / checkout page. It must have been a browser cache issue when I was testing yesterday.

11 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

Are you using the 'require domain' option and are you 'using an existing domain' or trying to register / transfer one during the process?

I try existing domain only 

17 hours ago, evolve hosting said:

Also, as an example, I have a hosting product and a firewall. If I assign firewall as a cross sell to the hosting plan and the hosting plan to the firweall as a cross sell - there are issues. I go and add the hosting plan first as a product, then the firewall as the cross sell. When it loops me back through to configure the firewall cross sell, it wants to show me the hosting plan as a cross sell. There should be some sort of check to prevent this from happening, IMO since at that point, I already have a hosting plan in the cart and don't need to see the option to cross sell another hosting plan to me.

I do want to make sure that this isn't lost in the thread. I think there needs to be a check that says 'if upsell product is already in the cart, don't suggest it again'.

I wouldn't expect items already in the cart to be shown in the Cross-sell message.

To test, I created two Products (Server 1 and Server 2), each cross-selling the other:

server1_upsell_settings.pngserver2_upsell_settings.png

I began by ordering and configuring Server 1, and was served the Cross-sell message for Server 2 on the Review and Checkout page:

added_server1_to_cart.png

I clicked Add to Cart for the Server 2 product. Configured it and added to the cart.

The Cross-Sell message was not displayed a second time, and the Review & Checkout page was displayed without the Cross-Sell modal:

added_server2_to_cart.png

If you're still observing different behaviour @evolve hosting, can you please share some more details of the product and cross-sell configuration, and some screenshots or a screen-recording of the cart journey you're taking? That would be most helpful in helping us reproduce.

@WHMCS John when I tested this, I had each product in separate product groups. Maybe that is the difference? I have not had time to try anything else out recently but I will try to do so this week.