evolve hosting

Creating Product Groups - Not Showing up until Refreshing Screen

Posted (edited)

Create new product group

See the changes saved success message

Click 'back to product / services'

The group doesn't show up until you refresh the screen

Same thing happens when adding a product - it doesn't appear in the list until the screen is refreshed

Edited by evolve hosting

This is certainly strange since I am not able to replicate this on my test install. Can you please check for any local server side caching and disable them if there are any? 

5 hours ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

This is certainly strange since I am not able to replicate this on my test install. Can you please check for any local server side caching and disable them if there are any? 

I don't have anything outside of the norm installed that I'm aware of. I'm using Firefox 99.0.1 that only has adblock, shortshare, Facebook container and 1password extensions installed.

Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding. I meant any local caching on the hosting server where WHMCS is installed (like memcache, redis, opcache or any other kind of caching mechanism). If there are is any such caching mechanism installed, please have it disabled to resolve this issue. 

@WHMCS Sachin mod_authn_socache and mod_expires and php74-php-opcache are installed. You're saying I can't use any of these with WHMCS? I think I'll just refresh the screen to keep the benefits of opcache.

Hi @evolve hosting,

The presence of such caching measures would indeed explain why you're seeing stale data occasionally; the stale version of the page is served instead of the one reflecting the latest changes.

Perhaps the caching settings on your server are configured a little liberally, and could be tweaked so that your changes are reflected immediately without the need to hard refresh?

Posted (edited)
On 25/04/2022 at 6:51 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @evolve hosting,

The presence of such caching measures would indeed explain why you're seeing stale data occasionally; the stale version of the page is served instead of the one reflecting the latest changes.

Perhaps the caching settings on your server are configured a little liberally, and could be tweaked so that your changes are reflected immediately without the need to hard refresh?

It would be great if whmcs could publish their recommended settings for having some sort of caching for cPanel/Apache and other web servers to improve whmcs performance without compromising its functionality.
Thanks.

Edited by Mandalorian