Bigol'tastynuggets

Just been asked to update a customers whmcs install

I have advised them of the usual wild instability of the releases, even after it reaches GA - However, has it broken stuff for people yet? Out of morbid curiosity, Do people dare undertake it this early? 

Well, you need only inspect the bustling 8.3 Beta forums to fill yourself with confidence.  They have been there for a whole month, with thousands of visits, but zero bugs reported, so obviously there are none.  Thus, throw it out to GA.  What could possibly go wrong?

I dread to think! He's desperate to upgrade in the hope he can actually automate card payments again! 

I'm done upgrading/meddling so I'm only passing advice on if I receive any! I'm certainly not trusting whmcs updates to a live system anymore 😏

The beta forums aren't a good measure as reports can be sent directly too. 

Generally speaking give it a few days for others to do it, report critical items that get fixed and then do the upgrade. 

Non automated payments must be a real pain for this user. Hopefully it gets them up and running again. 

Yeah, the best members for information are no longer active! Thought I'd ask to pass feedback on! 

I no longer have a dev license to play around with and refuse to spend more here even for a favour for a friend! 

I'm not convinced about them fixing stripe, as it was "fixed' in every version from 7.X until 8.2.X there's a few other fixes they were waiting for but it's impossible to know as whmcs don't seem to include everything in the changelogs anymore! 

I'm certainly past the point of playing guessing games on each release and trying to test each feature 😁

So far, ive had no issues - however this release is a bit of a nothing burger. 

This release seems to be mainly features no one asked for, at least from what I have seen in the suggested features area and discussion on here. Just seems like they are pushing features for their other brands rather than give people what they are asking for.

7 hours ago, SolaDrive said:

This release seems to be mainly features no one asked for, at least from what I have seen in the suggested features area and discussion on here. Just seems like they are pushing features for their other brands rather than give people what they are asking for.

Yes, that's exactly what is going on here and the way WHMCS now works.  Don't expect changes this side of the apocalypse.