Sign in to follow this  
evolve hosting

Is it safe to upgrade?

From those of you who have upgraded and are using this live.... is it ok to upgrade or should I wait until 8.2.x or higher? 8.1.3 seems to be decent overall for what we do so no need to upgrade if it's just going to introduce new headaches.

2 hours ago, evolve hosting said:

From those of you who have upgraded and are using this live.... is it ok to upgrade or should I wait until 8.2.x or higher? 

Is it ever safe? 🤔 Still many reports of bugs so I'd try it on a dev install first! 

26 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Still many reports of bugs so I'd try it on a dev install first

That's a given. I'm just trying to gauge how bad the bugs are to see if it's even worth spending the time to set it up on a dev install and test.

The 'new feature' list itself doesn't have anything I'm really interested in.

No, it was devoid of anything that inspires me to continue paying a much higher price! I did see something about a a sql file causing issues but I think that was one of the hotfixes (could be wrong on that) I'm personally staying on 8.1.3 until I leave because its more... curated here as to what issues are allowed 

I've been using it since release day - Nothing at all in this release that stopped day to day. I run a stock WHMCS install, only a domain module added. 

If you're not using Plesk and you are using well supported/updated 3rd party modules, it should be a smooth upgrade 🙂