Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
papo2414

Enter Plesk button does not work in client area

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody. With the latest update, 8.2, the option for my customers to access their Plesk panel from the customer area stopped working. When they click on that button, it opens the plesk login in a new tab, and before it was with automatic login. I already checked everything, even checked that the server was connecting correctly and the problem continues.

Does anyone know how I can repair this? Thanks in advance for the help you can give me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same issue here. I just created a ticket with WHMCS support about it.

I restored the modules/servers/plesk folder from my 8.1.3 backup and it works fine again with that -- I suggest doing that until WHMCS figures this out and releases a hotfix.

Edited by websavers
Add workaround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did their type error hotfix resolve this for you @papo2414? Support says it should, yet I had applied that hotfix before opening the ticket and it didn't do it for me. Just looking to see if you had the same experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 9:13 AM, websavers said:

Did their type error hotfix resolve this for you @papo2414? Support says it should, yet I had applied that hotfix before opening the ticket and it didn't do it for me. Just looking to see if you had the same experience.

I have opened a ticket in whmcs however I have not received a response. I have not been able to repair this error. It seems to me that it was due to the last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, websavers said:

Same issue here. I just created a ticket with WHMCS support about it.

I restored the modules/servers/plesk folder from my 8.1.3 backup and it works fine again with that -- I suggest doing that until WHMCS figures this out and releases a hotfix.

So you think the problem was the latest whmcs update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, papo2414 said:

So you think the problem was the latest whmcs update?

It's normally the case that many things break! BUT in WHMCS defense there is a new site builder...... so that's a positive 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WHMCS staff said this on the topic:

  1. The Type Error hotfix must be applied
  2. With the 8.2 version of the Plesk module, they now send the server IP to authenticate with Plesk, which does not match the client IP and so Plesk invalidates the session
  3. To work around this, you must have the option in each of your Plesk server's enabled to not validate user IPs: 'On your Plesk server, please enable "Allow IP address changes during a single session" under Plesk > Tools & Settings > Active Plesk Sessions > Session Settings'. [The Plesk dev team told them this session setting was enabled by default, yet none of our servers had it enabled, so perhaps only with the most recent versions of Plesk is it enabled on fresh install?]
  4. We do have an open case for that so that the Plesk module can be updated to send the client IP (case CORE-16812) and our development team is working on that. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log.

I asked "Since the 8.1.3 version of the Plesk module works fine, shouldn't this be priority since this bug is a regression?" to which they said: "As for the prioritization, what I said could change if our development team determines that a hotfix is necessary or if any conditions surrounding it change (for example: if they determine that the impact on our users, despite the workaround, merits it). I've already tagged this ticket to case CORE-16812, so if a hotfix is released, we will be in touch and provide it to you."

And so unless you only have one or two Plesk servers where you can easily apply the workaround, I think the best option -- until they either release a hotfix or an update to WHMCS that includes the fix -- is to simply roll back the module to the version from 8.1.3.

Correction, it seems they did release a hotfix after all. I have applied the hotfix and can confirm it resolves the problem.

Edited by websavers
Confirmation of resolution with hotfix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They already answered me from support in WHMCS and they sent me a .zip file containing the solution, thank you very much 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated