AzeDK

Put back date and time on requests.whmcs.com feature requests

Not sure how many have noticed, but in the latest makeover of requests.whmcs.com date and time has been removed, so you cant see how old a feature request is.

Please put back the creation date, so we have a better chance of knowing if its a fresh idea or old idea, and if its worth supporting.

I don't think they going to add it because they don't want people to know how old is the request they some old request like 5 to 7 years and still did not add it

2 hours ago, AzeDK said:

Please put back the creation date, so we have a better chance of knowing if its a fresh idea or old idea, and if its worth supporting

They didn't care before, why would they now? Removing the date just makes it harder to see how much is ignored, so that's a permanent change, I'd guess. 

3 hours ago, AzeDK said:

Not sure how many have noticed, but in the latest makeover of requests.whmcs.com date and time has been removed, so you cant see how old a feature request is.

as the others have said, this was intentional and designed to mask how old any request is... there are ways to find out how old a request is, but not worth highlighting those methods here.

at least if any comments have been left (and not deleted), then that can give you a rough estimate of its age.

5 minutes ago, brian! said:

this was intentional and designed to mask how old any request is

Do you know when they made this change? I'm curious.

8 minutes ago, Kian said:

Do you know when they made this change? I'm curious.

it was in late April - I spotted it on the 26th, so sometime before then I think.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AzeDK said:

Please put back the creation date, so we have a better chance of knowing if its a fresh idea or old idea, and if its worth supporting.

It's a fallacy that the number of upvotes or creation date has anything to do with the probability of any given feature request being adopted.   Experience has shown that new features are selected based primarily on the affiliate income potential for WHMCS with a sprinkling of random minor tweaks that nobody asked for to make them look like they are providing value.

The feature request system is basically there to keep you preoccupied reading/posting/commenting/voting while WHMCS carefully lifts your wallet out of your back pocket, unnoticed.

Edited by malfunction

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SwiftModders LLC
      I am very excited to announce my first stand-alone WHMCS Module, the SwiftModders WHMCS Feature Requester, is now available for purchase! This module will give your clients the ability to submit feature requests for your products and services from within WHMCS. The module allows for you to set up product groups and your clients will only be able to access feature requests for the products they actively own via the groups. There are also many more features that come with this initial release:
      Vote Up/Down Requests: All your customers and staff will be able to vote up or down specific feature requests they have access to view. Comments System: Each feature request will allow other customers or staff to respond and discuss the viability of the request. Anonymous Posting: For customers that want to maintain a level of privacy, enable the ability to post their feature requests and comments anonymously. Product Groups: Create specific product groups so your clients can only submit feature requests for the products they own. Moderation Queue: Require an admin approve submitted feature requests before being posted to the public. Request Categories: Setup feature request categories that can either be specific to a product group or globally used throughout the system. Email Preferences: Your customers will have easy access to disable specific email notifications from the feature requester module. Admin Role Centric: Using pre-built WHMCS admin roles, you can set permissions for specific actions like moderating, editing and deleting feature requests. User Rules & Ban System: Specify rules that your customers must follow before allowing them access to the feature requester system. For more information on the Feature Requester product, please visit the product page.
      For more information on how to use the Feature Requester module, please browse the documentation.
      If you have any pre-sales questions regarding the Feature Requester module, please do not hesitate to email sales@swiftmodders.com or use the live chat when available. For any technical issues with the product, please open a support ticket.
    • By SwiftModders LLC
      Hello All,
      Over the past month or so I've been working on a WHMCS addon module that would really help me centralize feature requests from my clients. I originally built this module to help myself, but I wanted to see if it would be something that anyone else out in the WHMCS Community would be interested in. This module would be useful to software developers and designers, but probably not so much for web hosting providers. However, if you're a hosting provider with custom systems and you would like to know what features your customers want, then this might be of some use. I've attached a few screenshots of the module from my development environment. Here is a quick breakdown of the current feature set and what it does:
      Admin-Side
      Adjust general settings for the module via an admin interface Manage product groups that define which products a client must own to submit feature requests Manage feature request categories that can be applied to all product groups or individual ones Manage status labels for feature requests and define the default status label for new submissions Edit permissions for admin roles that can moderate, edit, or delete feature requests Enable or disable the ability for your customers to post feature requests and comments anonymously Enable or disable specific email notifications for admins and customers Close specific feature requests to prevent further voting or commenting Client-Side
      Set rules clients must follow before being allowed entry into the feature request system Post feature requests for specific product groups in which they have active products for Comment and vote on other feature requests Reply to comments from other customers Edit email preferences so the client does not receive notifications on new comments or request status changes View requests and stats related to clients activity If this is something you would be interested in purchasing for your company, please do not hesitate to email sales@swiftmodders.com for more details. The product is still in alpha testing, but the more people who show interest will make it easier for me to take this on as a new product and project.
      Thank you for your interest!

• By plateaultd
      I have submitted a feature request for WHMCS to make SQL injection hacks harder.

https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/making-sql-injection-attacks-harder-for-hackers

If you think this is a good idea, please review and comment on the suggestion and let WHMCS that this is a good idea.

Any other suggestions are always welcome to make it harder for hackers to ruin our day.