gei

Massive WHMCS price hike coming

The more "Value added" the more they tie themselves to helping naughty services (Very commonplace in whmcs-world) The more they profiteer and "Greater levels of support" they offer to their clients puts them a step closer to being held responsible!¬† If amazon can be sued for being complicit in the sale and promotion of certain equipment, I'd love to see what people think of the software supporting the provisioning of the accounts and essentially helping fund them whilst taking their cut! To quote our friendly neighbourhood spiderman... with great power comes great legal fees ūüėõ¬†

Don't worry, i'll @ you guys on twitter later ūüôā¬†

No sense to move to another alternative. That alternative will also increase price after some months or years then start looking for another alternative. Shifting again and again is not good.

I was using WHMCS and cPanel from many years. First cPanel increased their price and now WHMCS, now it is totally out of my budget.

When i seen WHMCS Price hike, me to whmcs and cPanel : no , take my company and leave me alone -_-

First they attract us fir lower price and then suddenly increase the price. No individual want to pay that much money -_-

So now i am thinking to build my own billing system and control panel because these providers are thinking they will ask us for 1000$ and we give ? No way! We build our own way.

7 hours ago, Piyush Mahes said:

No way! We build our own way.

And eventually decide to launch it for money, and likely follow the same pattern as those before you. ūüėČ

Just now, bear said:

And eventually decide to launch it for money, and likely follow the same pattern as those before you. ūüėČ

I don't want to launch it for money and i don't want to launch it. I want to build for my own, my personal use.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:46 AM, Piyush Mahes said:

No sense to move to another alternative. That alternative will also increase price after some months or years then start looking for another alternative. Shifting again and again is not good.

I was using WHMCS and cPanel from many years. First cPanel increased their price and now WHMCS, now it is totally out of my budget.

When i seen WHMCS Price hike, me to whmcs and cPanel : no , take my company and leave me alone -_-

First they attract us fir lower price and then suddenly increase the price. No individual want to pay that much money -_-

So now i am thinking to build my own billing system and control panel because these providers are thinking they will ask us for 1000$ and we give ? No way! We build our own way.

Sorry but... why an individual want to use WHMCS in first place? WHMCS it's a billing solution for business...

In the other hand, the WHMCS base pricing remains the same for customers under 250 clients...

4 hours ago, clopezi said:

In the other hand, the WHMCS base pricing remains the same for customers under 250 clients...

unless they were using the branded "Starter" version - I assume they will get moved up to the unbranded version at a slightly higher monthly cost.

Lol this gave me a good chuckle - the bad now outweighs the excellent... even with the increased invites on positive ending tickets! 2.4/5 is not a great look! 

Anyone know of any billboards for hire in Milton Keynes... I'd love to hire one ūüėõ¬†

whmcs.PNG

3 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Lol this gave me a good chuckle - the bad now outweighs the excellent... even with the increased invites on positive ending tickets! 2.4/5 is not a great look! 

Anyone know of any billboards for hire in Milton Keynes... I'd love to hire one ūüėõ¬†

whmcs.PNG

I suspect WHMCS has more customers than 480. And as time goes by, the new users will just rate it and the old ones will move on. Also, how many people actually look at those reviews before purchase?

Why or how would WHMCS actually get any NEW customers? Either you are already in this business or you never will.  And even in the rare cases of someone starting out, they would never pick WHMCS. Well, unless they are insane. And maybe they are, if they are getting into the business now. Anyway. 

They are just milking us because we’re their last chance to make some money for their stakeholders. 

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

I suspect WHMCS has more customers than 480. And as time goes by, the new users will just rate it and the old ones will move on. Also, how many people actually look at those reviews before purchase?

Considering it was 4.7 before - it's nice to see a reflection of their decision making! 

2 hours ago, stormy said:

Why or how would WHMCS actually get any NEW customers? Either you are already in this business or you never will.  And even in the rare cases of someone starting out, they would never pick WHMCS. Well, unless they are insane. And maybe they are, if they are getting into the business now. Anyway. 

They are just milking us because we’re their last chance to make some money for their stakeholders. 

I suspect some people just buy the software without doing the proper research or maybe are not in the hosting industry, but you are right. Anyone in that market probably already knows about WHMCS or will just ask on Reddit, Twitter, WHT or some other place and everyone will tell them to stay away from WHMCS. Even if they drop prices or back pedal it's very hard to regain confidence if you deceived your long term customers.

2 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Considering it was 4.7 before - it's nice to see a reflection of their decision making! 

They probably expected a negative reaction in public. The real question is if they are going to see a similar reaction in their sales and future revenue.

7 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

They probably expected a negative reaction in public. The real question is if they are going to see a similar reaction in their sales and future revenue.

Well, smarters customers can't move, with smarters not understanding code themselves they won't move... as they recently got them to start selling the old insecure panel that's a big revenue stream secured! 

Whmcs will continue to profit massively from iptv sales (hopefully we'll see a similar thing to what happened to XC)

There's the big companies- I don't care how big you get $45 to $1300 a month is a kick in the teeth. So they'll likely roll their own over the next 12 months 

The middle sized may swallow the costs 

Small companies will be afraid of any form of success. 

What this actually does, is shaft businesses and end users (price rises means the same for our customers if we stay) and possibly threatens jobs! As someone pointed out in a different thread - in the midst of a difficult time across the world. 

I am changing through principle, nobody is forced to however I'm interested in people's opinion that want to stay and what they think the future holds? 

40 minutes ago, chrisb2012 said:

Well, smarters customers can't move, with smarters not understanding code themselves they won't move... as they recently got them to start selling the old insecure panel that's a big revenue stream secured! 

Whmcs will continue to profit massively from iptv sales (hopefully we'll see a similar thing to what happened to XC)

There's the big companies- I don't care how big you get $45 to $1300 a month is a kick in the teeth. So they'll likely roll their own over the next 12 months 

The middle sized may swallow the costs 

Small companies will be afraid of any form of success. 

What this actually does, is shaft businesses and end users (price rises means the same for our customers if we stay) and possibly threatens jobs! As someone pointed out in a different thread - in the midst of a difficult time across the world. 

I am changing through principle, nobody is forced to however I'm interested in people's opinion that want to stay and what they think the future holds? 

I'm also curious who is staying and why. I'm also migrating out of principle. Even if I could afford to pay WHMCS I'm not giving them a dime again. Trust was already weak, now its gone.

20 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

I'm also curious who is staying and why. I'm also migrating out of principle. Even if I could afford to pay WHMCS I'm not giving them a dime again. Trust was already weak, now its gone.

My thoughts,  We can afford to stay - but why not invest that money into the ble*ta community.  I'm going to have my modules I need built and then sell access - If they do well i'll then use the money to pay for development of requested things and hopefully accelerate to uptake! I'm 100% done paying to be lied to at every turn. The level of disrespect shown by the WHMCS staff shows they either don't care or can't help - either way.... It's not a good outlook for anyone who remains

1 hour ago, chrisb2012 said:

My thoughts,  We can afford to stay - but why not invest that money into the ble*ta community.  I'm going to have my modules I need built and then sell access - If they do well i'll then use the money to pay for development of requested things and hopefully accelerate to uptake! I'm 100% done paying to be lied to at every turn. The level of disrespect shown by the WHMCS staff shows they either don't care or can't help - either way.... It's not a good outlook for anyone who remains

That actually makes perfect sense. And you will recover the money quickly if the module does not exist for Blesta yet, and also help it improve as other report bugs or suggest features. I'm with you, why invest time and money in a product or company that does not value you. I don't think WHMCS even cares about anyone suggesting features or reporting bugs. In years, they always just did what they wanted in the end.

The positive side about Blesta is that they would never be able to pull something like WHMCS in the future. Even if they go bust tomorrow, the code is open, which means people would still be able to update it and keep the bugs fixed or security holes closed, as opposed to WHMCS which is a black box and without the developers updates its basically obsolete. I feel like using WHMCS is like being kidnapped at this point, I have no idea what information they get from my servers, or what their code does, or if they decide to deactivate my license tomorrow because of a glitch or on purpose. Or why not, maybe they want tomorrow $1000 a day, or they deactivate all licenses unless you pay...I feel like a hostage after what they have done. One day I'm using WHMCS, the next day I get an email telling me my software is now obsolete and I should move on.

They way they did it was particularly aggressive and insulting. Insulting because they claim you can keep using the software. We know that is a blatant lie and false. The second a new PHP version is released that is not compatible or Ioncube or a security hole is found, you are done without patches. Not to mention the gazillion bugs we already have that you will never be able to fix because you cannot access the code.

Edited by yggdrasil

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

That actually makes perfect sense. And you will recover the money quickly if the module does not exist for Blesta yet, and also help it improve as other report bugs or suggest features. I'm with you, why invest time and money in a product or company that does not value you. I don't think WHMCS even cares about anyone suggesting features or reporting bugs. In years, they always just did what they wanted in the end.

The positive side about Blesta is that they would never be able to pull something like WHMCS in the future. Even if they go bust tomorrow, the code is open, which means people would still be able to update it and keep the bugs fixed or security holes closed, as opposed to WHMCS which is a black box and without the developers updates its basically obsolete. I feel like using WHMCS is like being kidnapped at this point, I have no idea what information they get from my servers, or what their code does, or if they decide to deactivate my license tomorrow because of a glitch or on purpose. Or why not, maybe they want tomorrow $1000 a day, or they deactivate all licenses unless you pay...I feel like a hostage after what they have done. One day I'm using WHMCS, the next day I get an email telling me my software is now obsolete and I should move on.

They way they did it was particularly aggressive and insulting. Insulting because they claim you can keep using the software. We know that is a blatant lie and false. The second a new PHP version is released that is not compatible or Ioncube or a security hole is found, you are done without patches. Not to mention the gazillion bugs we already have that you will never be able to fix because you cannot access the code.

Yeah, it's a falsehood - they instantly stopped people from updating on owned licences knowing full well people would have pushed to update in the last 3 months before the changes. It's never going to feel "safe" to trust them again even if you did continue to pay the ransom. What they're doing is forcing people into paying! This is not a price change, it's price gouging and extortion in my opinion 

9 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Yeah, it's a falsehood - they instantly stopped people from updating on owned licences knowing full well people would have pushed to update in the last 3 months before the changes. It's never going to feel "safe" to trust them again even if you did continue to pay the ransom. What they're doing is forcing people into paying! This is not a price change, it's price gouging and extortion in my opinion 

100% agree. You have no alternative than paying the new pricing if you want to continue using the product. Nobody in their right mind would leave a billing installation unpatched open on the Internet assuming a security hole is discovered tomorrow. As you don't have an alternative to keep it secure or updated, it's a forced measure. Eventually your WHMCS version will stop working as new PHP versions are released and you can't run on old server software forever.

Just got an email where they backpedal a bit. I can sum it up in four words: "too little, too late". Matt has also published his excuses here:

https://blog.whmcs.com/133688/pricing-qa-with-our-ceo-matt-pugh

He seems obsessed with the "value" that businesses are getting from his software. Would you price a van according to the money a business makes by driving it?

Edited by stormy

41 minutes ago, Jade D said:

bla bla bla BS

He hasnt addressed the issues regarding owned licenses at all, only tried to justify their greed

According to them now, we've been enjoying lifetime licenses now for over 5 years, so......

We've gotten value for lifetime licenses for more than 5 years. 

TRANSLATION:  We realize we sold you into a lifetime promise, but hey it's been 5 years, so thats kinda long enough, time to kill off that promise and gouge you.

The new prices are totally unreal. 

100% we will choose the migration to another platform.

SHAME!

"business unlimited  $ 1,299.95 / mo "

ūü§£ūü§£

If my business is at 100k+ customers level, it should be profitable enough to afford the developing of my own -customized to my needs- billing solution.  After all I don't need ALL the features/ plugins developed in WHMCS.

This is the reason why I paid to develop my own VOIP platform too.  Most of the SOFTSWITCH / VOIP solution providers  have a tiered license model based on # of extensions.  The most extensions in your platform, the most you have to pay them.   And yes, It was expensive in the short term, but it is an smart investment and PROFITABLE in the long term.   

At least that way I have the control of it, and not depending on a greedy arrogant company changing of mind time to time.

And don't get me wrong.   It's up to companies to make price revisions along the business existence.  It's normal and part of the business world.  But this kind of drastic increases, including the suppression of "owned" licenses (and not honoring the existing ones anymore) forcing them to pay monthly from now on , is something I don't see often from other responsible businesses that cares about the relationship with their customers.

Edited by perdtmdehwhp