Jump to content
dh42

Just got the email - going from $45 a month to $850 a month - What are you all migrating to?

Recommended Posts

Best is to look for other options at the earliest most of the developers here are Very good and there are  few who are Excellent.

Why they don't plan a software together ? It would be great to see them come up with some new options for small and Mid hosting companies...

@brian! what you say...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ozgurerdogan said:

I would go to court if i was in same country.

You would lose! And in the UK that means the loser not only pays their court costs, but they also pay the winners costs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ManagedCloud-Hosting said:

You mentioned - I personally won't use that product, but that's my personal choice.

Yes, that's correct.

45 minutes ago, ThemeMetro said:

Yes why not? because they are not charging too much if you are not earning sufficient income and not capable to pay.

I think, for myself at least, it's being forced off the owned license that's really sticking in my throat. That, and the way it was done were not at all friendly towards long term customers. It was a kick in the teeth, and they're basing cost on something that has nothing to do with the operation at their end and costs them nothing. We are being charged more simply because we're using it and have seen some success in business, so it's a money grab (and increases will continue). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bear said:

We are being charged more simply because we're using it and have seen some success in business, so it's a money grab (and increases will continue). 

They are Vinnie from New Jersey wanting a taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2021 at 7:14 PM, steven99 said:

They are Vinnie from New Jersey wanting a taste.

lol, nice, even if I grew up there. 
Also not lost on me that they fairly recently did away with the yearly support renewals for $99 and went to 6 months for $59.95. That feels like a way not to add $20 to yearly costs (which would amount to little), but as a token to explain the change while shortening the waiting period for when this shoe dropped that folks would need to move to leased. This feels like it was planned for some time now. 

Edited by bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly this comes as no surprise given that Oakley (owners of WHMCS) did pretty much the same with cPanel which they also own.  

It seems this is no more than a huge price hike "because they can" - the nearest competitors are sucky at best and Oakley know it.

This tactic has been happening for as long as commerce existed.... build a customer base that becomes reliant, see off the competitors and then when the captive audience is all tucked in, whip off the duvet and scare the living sh*t out of them.

No doubt everyone here has played Monopoly (and love or hate it) knows the object of the game is to get all the high end properties to then fleece all the other players!  I suspect a large proportion (90%?) of businesses here would probably do the same if they could.

It would be interesting to know how many customers went elsewhere after cPanel price hike.  I doubt it made much of a dent...  We need viable competition for both products, to keep Oakley honest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to WiseCP,  Does anybody know if the front end template/product list is integrated and part of the default WiseCP or is it a separate template that must be managed externally?     More simply is the front end products list managed by the back end product list/stock etc?

 

http://demo.wisecp.com/category/server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 13/04/2021 at 1:55 AM, ManagedCloud-Hosting said:

WHMCS is going to shut this place ASAP I believe 

😆 😅 😂 🤣

wS2aOTL.png

Yes I know this is the WHMCS website..  I'm not stupid.    However this topic is about alternatives and so far it has been allowed to remain.    Various people have mentioned WiseCP so was just asking question for others who have used or use it.     <removed under Section 2.2 of the community guidelines "Please do not post rude, insulting or inflammatory posts. Personal attacks, name-calling and insults will not be tolerated on WHMCS.Community."

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
<removed under Section 2.2 of the community guidelines​​​​​​​ "Please do not post rude, insulting or inflammatory posts. Personal attacks, name-calling and insults will not be tolerated on WHMCS.Community."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sol2010 said:

Oakley

https://www.reuters.com/companies/OCIO.L

If this is the same Oakley then we need to understand they simply don't understand the concept of hosting and how much effort we put into to run our services 24x7 even if it's a small but genuine Hosting organization, they don't understand why we keep running 24x7, work in midnights, take ER calls 24x7, Our families loose spending quality time with us. 

When you grow Big you end up like Endurance right, they damaged and tampered the Hosting industry to an extent by buying many good companies only because they had money and then they were themselves SOLD OUT.

 

I will never want to grow bigger than what I can support and my clients love me for this since 2003...

Edited by ManagedCloud-Hosting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ADz83 said:

With regards to WiseCP,  Does anybody know if the front end template/product list is integrated and part of the default WiseCP or is it a separate template that must be managed externally?     More simply is the front end products list managed by the back end product list/stock etc?

http://demo.wisecp.com/category/server

a) " front end template/product list is integrated and part of the default WiseCP" --> yes, they are.  As kind of a simple and continous repeating CMS structure (categories, items, you can add own).  For Footer you have to go in the templatefiles with simple html understanding.  Two nice themes are included (I use modern, the other is classic as on your link)

b) " is the front end products list managed by the back end product list/stock" - yes, CMS, see a)

c) in my opinion its easy and fast, it doesnt complicate anything, the basic structure (CMS-like) is repeating and makes all clear, all needed functions given, languagetab there so you can translate 1:1 where it is.

d) Its mentioned on the website from directadmin.com , under extras (you know the guy  who took all leaving  cPanel customers to DirectAdmin).  I dont think John from DA would advise shitty solutions.

e) you can get free 25customers version - why not test it yourself?

(and you can add own pages as you like, no need for extra cms-module, all there, same structure, same good feeling)

wisecp - server service packages.jpg

edit server package.jpg

wisecp - webhosting service packages.jpg

Edited by johannes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, BigFoot said:

£1300 is for training ONE person. If you have 2-5 people, it's £13000000 

Don't even get me started if you have more than 5 people.....

NO, just get half way through the training and raise your price without warning, that is how it is done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, johannes said:

a) " front end template/product list is integrated and part of the default WiseCP" --> yes, they are.  As kind of a simple and continous repeating CMS structure (categories, items, you can add own).  For Footer you have to go in the templatefiles with simple html understanding.  Two nice themes are included (I use modern, the other is classic as on your link)

b) " is the front end products list managed by the back end product list/stock" - yes, CMS, see a)

c) in my opinion its easy and fast, it doesnt complicate anything, the basic structure (CMS-like) is repeating and makes all clear, all needed functions given, languagetab there so you can translate 1:1 where it is.

d) Its mentioned on the website from directadmin.com , under extras (you know the guy  who took all leaving  cPanel customers to DirectAdmin).  I dont think John from DA would advise shitty solutions.

e) you can get free 25customers version - why not test it yourself?

(and you can add own pages as you like, no need for extra cms-module, all there, same structure, same good feeling)

wisecp - server service packages.jpg

edit server package.jpg

wisecp - webhosting service packages.jpg

I do not like the price increase any more than the rest on here, but if you are asking "support" questions about a competing product HERE, then maybe that product is not as good of an option... they should have a full support network in place for their own product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nexxterra said:

if you are asking "support" questions about a competing product HERE, then maybe that product is not as good of an option... they should have a full support network in place for their own product.

it was more pre-sales wasn't it? anyway, they have their own forums and a contact form on their site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

as for my concern, my 2 tickets with multiple questions were answered binnen 12 hours. 

and i answered here a pre-testing question from another searcher, and i did not advised support in this system on any matter.

Edited by johannes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, brian! said:

it was more pre-sales wasn't it? anyway, they have their own forums and a contact form on their site.

For the record, they haven't responded to me in a week now; the built in desk has no function to pipe/pop emails in and there's a lot that's configured *for* you that you can't seem to access. 

Oh, and an affiliate link to them was posted in this community Thursday...and is still there. 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, johannes said:

a) " front end template/product list is integrated and part of the default WiseCP" --> yes, they are.  As kind of a simple and continous repeating CMS structure (categories, items, you can add own).  For Footer you have to go in the templatefiles with simple html understanding.  Two nice themes are included (I use modern, the other is classic as on your link)

b) " is the front end products list managed by the back end product list/stock" - yes, CMS, see a)

c) in my opinion its easy and fast, it doesnt complicate anything, the basic structure (CMS-like) is repeating and makes all clear, all needed functions given, languagetab there so you can translate 1:1 where it is.

d) Its mentioned on the website from directadmin.com , under extras (you know the guy  who took all leaving  cPanel customers to DirectAdmin).  I dont think John from DA would advise shitty solutions.

e) you can get free 25customers version - why not test it yourself?

(and you can add own pages as you like, no need for extra cms-module, all there, same structure, same good feeling)

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks.  Looks a great alternative but I've just found out they do not currently support recurring billing for any payment gateway which is a complete dealbreaker for me.  It's too much a headache having one time billing and can cause lots of issues.

I'm really disappointed because I was all but ready to move over.  Looks like it has been requested for minimum of 2 years now.  😞

Edited by ADz83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ADz83 said:

Looks a great alternative but I've just found out they do not currently support recurring billing for any payment gateway which is a complete dealbreaker for me.  It's too much a headache having one time billing and can cause lots of issues.

Thanks for reporting, hope we all find an alternative solution soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManagedCloud-Hosting said:

Thanks for reporting, hope we all find an alternative solution soon 

i put 200,- eur on the table for a crowdfunding new software project. are there 300 people to follow and a few good developers availiable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johannes said:

i put 200,- eur on the table for a crowdfunding new software project. are there 300 people to follow and a few good developers availiable?

This is what I was talking about previously. For this the best developers need to come forward and guide us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarresing that i now have to prove my trust pilot account, because WHMCS is reporting Reviews.... 

wow. .....

 

https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012099647-I-ve-been-asked-to-update-my-review-or-provide-more-info

 

I got asked via Mail to provide more data. @WHMCS really?

You make 12345432% Price Increase and you really are wondering incomming * storm??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated