Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
moep_za

Clients cant update details

Recommended Posts

Updated our system yesterday to the latest version and suddenly clients can't update their details anymore. 

Name and email fields are returned blank and it throws the following error: The following errors occurred:

  • You did not enter your email address

 

See attached

Any ideas?

whmcs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, moep_za said:

Any ideas?

custom theme? what happens if you use Six or 21 instead ??

those fields look to be readonly too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, brian! said:

custom theme? what happens if you use Six or 21 instead ??

those fields look to be readonly too.

This is confirmed, its not custom template issue.. I tested in both Six and Twenty One.. Th issue is comes when your locked the fields from whmcs admin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This a bug then. We have not changed the locked fields for years. We always had Name and email locked, yet clients could update their other details such as company name, address etc. 

We have also removed our custom css and it does the same. 

whmcs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThemeMetro said:

This is confirmed, its not custom template issue.. I tested in both Six and Twenty One.. Th issue is comes when your locked the fields from whmcs admin.

just updated to v8.1.3, but I can't seem to reproduce it.

1 hour ago, moep_za said:

This a bug then. We have not changed the locked fields for years. We always had Name and email locked, yet clients could update their other details such as company name, address etc. 

what worries me about that original screenshot is not that the fields are locked and disabled, but that there are no values in those fields showing - because even locked fields should show the values within them.

that's likely to be the issue causing the errors because it thinks those locked fields are empty... but as I can't reproduce it, I don't know the cause of what you're seeing.

throwing a {debug} into the template might be an option to see if the fields are actually empty and/or what the core program is passing to the template.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brian! said:

just updated to v8.1.3, but I can't seem to reproduce it.

what worries me about that original screenshot is not that the fields are locked and disabled, but that there are no values in those fields showing - because even locked fields should show the values within them.

that's likely to be the issue causing the errors because it thinks those locked fields are empty... but as I can't reproduce it, I don't know the cause of what you're seeing.

throwing a {debug} into the template might be an option to see if the fields are actually empty and/or what the core program is passing to the template.

fields are become empty as soon as your click on save button.  but when you refresh the page or come back again on that page all are normal back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brian! said:

just updated to v8.1.3, but I can't seem to reproduce it.

what worries me about that original screenshot is not that the fields are locked and disabled, but that there are no values in those fields showing - because even locked fields should show the values within them.

that's likely to be the issue causing the errors because it thinks those locked fields are empty... but as I can't reproduce it, I don't know the cause of what you're seeing.

throwing a {debug} into the template might be an option to see if the fields are actually empty and/or what the core program is passing to the template.

The values in the fields only disappear after you hit save. If you refresh the page again they back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moep_za said:

The values in the fields only disappear after you hit save. If you refresh the page again they back. 

If that is the case, the culprit is probably some JavaScript that is deleting the data when you hit the submit button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,
I've been able to reproduce this on our side to when using Locked Client Fields. Case #CORE-16248 is open with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases. Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated