J-B

Ticket Import Failed on owner tickets

3 hours ago, bady said:

Making the failed import more visible in the log cannot be the solution. We can't look at the logs every few minutes to see if there is another entry!

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment.

@WHMCS John this is a serious issue and needs to be addressed urgently.

A simple solution would be to add a notice on the dashboard, but even that is a bandaid.  

Thanks for the feedback on the direction you'd like to see this feature move in. I've shared that with the product team.

I personally feel this issue is even worse than the developers realize. For example, we have emails being blocked because of case sensitivity. How can I add another email address, when it is the SAME email address.

For example: We get an email from joe.smith@mail.com - but, when they reply to the ticket, it shows Joe.Smith@Mail.Com - This is blocked.

This is a huge failure of an update.

Just come across this issue ourselves when noticing that a ticket wasn't opened for a client reply, this certainly is a major issue for client replies to go missing and only notice if you check the ticket import log, has there been any progress on a solution for this?

We had to finally breakdown and add a hook. This hook sits on the ticket page and looks at missed imports. We then can decide if we need to import the email or not from that hook.

Good luck!

Agreed with above replies. This is a very silly "feature".

We have a lot of customers who are part of a distribution group and then reply from their personal emails (which are then not imported).
As well as the case insensitive issue (example@example.com vs Example@example.com)

Hope to see a quick resolution.

This was a "make or break" issue for us to decide what to use when we moved off Kayako (which we'd manually patched for years).
Finally decided we'd have to get a third party desk again, since we get emails all the time that would break the WHMCS desk as above.

Is it fix in WHMCS 8.2?

I've said it before and I like to repeat myself, this bug is bad for all our business!

The case insensitive issue is really 🤬 and the manually function"Ignore Error & Import" is not working too! We have no chance to import the blocked Mails!

1 hour ago, J-B said:

Is it fix in WHMCS 8.2?

I've said it before and I like to repeat myself, this bug is bad for all our business!

The case insensitive issue is really 🤬 and the manually function"Ignore Error & Import" is not working too! We have no chance to import the blocked Mails!

They only shared with the development team in march -  Only 5 years and 9 months to go and it'll be built into whmcs as a brand new and exciting featue 😛 

there is an entry in the v8.2 RC1 changelog...

CORE-16527 - Improve inspection of email sender for piped tickets

but whether it addresses your issue specifically, i've got no idea.

It should be a simple fix really for a major issue, you don't necessarily find out about the issue until an angry client gets in touch asking why you've been ignoring them, then you have to blame WHMCS for breaking something that was working fine. 

3 hours ago, volex said:

It should be a simple fix really for a major issue, you don't necessarily find out about the issue until an angry client gets in touch asking why you've been ignoring them, then you have to blame WHMCS for breaking something that was working fine. 

This is the issue, the one that gets ignored. It can often be make or break point by the time they're in touch! 

Our system emails that get sent via whmcs list the issue to help negate that but it still happens