Rchurchill

How to remove Branding WHMCS Ver 8.1 “Powered by WHMcomplete solutions”

I am a newbie and this is the first time ever I am asking a question in this community.

One of my friends just recently update his WHMCS to the latest version and suddenly he got a branding line before the footer area. In the previous version, he was able to remove that line by editing the footer.tpl file but in this version, he couldn't find it because now it's written in tags. (p and a)

I found one jquery code mentioned below:

$(document).ready(function() {

$("p a").each(function(){
    if( $(this).attr("href")=="http://www.whmcs.com/" ) {
      $(this).parent().hide();
    }
  });
});
But I don't know either it's fine or where to put this one.

Please guide and help how to remove it, as now in the client area it is visible to everyone now.

5 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

This is against Terms of Usage.

yet someone happily approved the post... oh boy! 🙄

1 hour ago, AALayer said:

As mentioned above you are not allowed to remove it unless you purchased the addon/plan removal for it

off the top of my head, I could give you tens of WHMCS sites that have used a similar technique to above for years - they all have legit branded licenses, but nothing ever happens to them (AFAIK).

54 minutes ago, brian! said:

yet someone happily approved the post... oh boy! 🙄

off the top of my head, I could give you tens of WHMCS sites that have used a similar technique to above for years - they all have legit branded licenses, but nothing ever happens to them (AFAIK).

Well i know tens of nulled WHMCS hosting sites that have been working for years, yet nothing have ever happened to them.

the point is rather if its allowed or not, not if WHMCS is taking action

16 minutes ago, AALayer said:

Well i know tens of nulled WHMCS hosting sites that have been working for years, yet nothing have ever happened to them.

too true... though i'm aware of hundreds rather than tens.

16 minutes ago, AALayer said:

the point is rather if its allowed or not, not if WHMCS is taking action

I would disagree - WHMCS taking action would clamp down on it occurring to the extent it does... the fact that it is perceived that they don't, allows this practice to continue.

in any event, the crime here is not that the OP asked the question - although it was stupid for them to do so on official WHMCS forums - the post shouldn't have been approved in the first place... everything that happened after that is irrelevant.

besides Chris follows my posts, so one would assume/hope the entire thread will get hidden once that initial mistake is realised.

There are two ways to remove WHMCS branding.

In the admin area, you can edit the footer.tpl file to remove the link to whmcs.com from the main admin area.
From the login page, you can edit admindir/templates/login.tpl to remove the link

Second goto your Footer file and paste this script.
<script>if ($(“p:contains(‘Powered by’)”).length) {$(“p:contains(‘Powered by’)”).hide();