Sign in to follow this  
linux4me

[SOLVED] Two Factor Authentication No Longer Works?

I've been using two factor authentication (2FA) with time-based tokens for WHMCS with the Symantec VIP Access App for quite a while, but today when I attempted to log in to update WHMCS from v. 8.0 to 8.1, my code was rejected and I had to use the backup code.

I went into the admin to reset 2FA for my account, and my App immediately recognizes the QR code, but WHMCS gives me the "The code you entered did not match what was expected. Please re-scan or enter the code and try again."

I've tried several times, but no luck. The App still works fine with the other sites I use it with.  Is this a bug with WHMCS?

Edited by linux4me

I figured this out thanks to this article. I actually did look at the documentation, but I didn't find this page.

It turns out the problem was my phone. It's set to get the time automatically from Verizon, but it was three minutes slow! I manually set the time in the phone and was able to get 2FA working in WHMCS.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Web Host Pro
      Hi,
      We have a customer  that is worried about the the WHMCS auto login bypassing the cpPanel 2FA.  Is there a way to enable 2fa when using the WHMCS auto login from WHMCS to cPanel?
    • By wsa
      Here is a screenshot of my new module

• By loopmail
      Looking around and some clients have enabled 2fa for the primary user, but there seem to be no details for it on the contacts page. is this not a feature on offer to contacts or a way for administrators to see the status/clear the status for contacts?

• By davet
      This was working previously but I was alerted by a customer that it is no longer working. I tried to set it up on a test customer but when I try to add 2FA using Google Authenticator it returns the following:
      The code you entered did not match what was expected.
      I tried to close google Authenticator... re-opened it and tried again but still no luck.
      I do have a paid license for the Time Based 2FA
      Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to get this working again?

• By J666GAK
      I am already a DuoSecurity Enterprise client, so I don't want to be paying again to WHMCS.

Is there a way of entering API information from my DuoSecurity account so I can use my existing account?