Blockhead48

Push notifications question

I was trying out the app and noticed that the push notifications didn't come up when a ticket was opened. The notification wouldn't pop up until I went to the app and authenticated myself with biometrics, which kinda defeats the purpose of a push notification. Am I maybe doing something wrong or?

Hi @Blockhead48,

In the app we have implemented pull notifications we've implemented in the WHMCS app will poll your server for changes and generate a notification.

Please check your device's power management settings, and prevent the app from being put to sleep. This will allow it to pull notifications from your server at the specified interval.

For true push notifications, an intermediary service (such as Slack is required) which WHMCS also supports: https://docs.whmcs.com/Configuring_Notifications_with_Slack

Have the same problem, power management settings are correct. Sometimes will get the ticket notification in minutes, sometime hours.  Not sure what you mean by "For true push notifications ..."   

I used Slack, set up the rules but that was just another app running and it took a while to set up the new account, rules, etc, etc .   Can you please tell me when you plan to fix this, the faster we get notified of tickets the happier the clients 🙂   

On 12/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, myautodj said:

Have the same problem, power management settings are correct. Sometimes will get the ticket notification in minutes, sometime hours.  Not sure what you mean by "For true push notifications ..."   

I used Slack, set up the rules but that was just another app running and it took a while to set up the new account, rules, etc, etc .   Can you please tell me when you plan to fix this, the faster we get notified of tickets the happier the clients 🙂   

We are unable to replicate this issue locally and we can confirm that this is not a known bug. Could you please open a support ticket with access credentials so that we can investigate this on your server: https://www.whmcs.com/preview/mobile

I didn't start this topic but can confirm it's been this way for months on my Samsung, can take hours to get notifications.

Did you test this on all possible phones in your emulator? What did you need my credentials for? I can confirm the app opens and is licensed, everything else works just the push notifications are delayed up to several hours randomly.  

You say it's because of power settings  In my Android Apps I choose WHMCS > Battery > Allow Background Activity is set to ON

Also under App Power Management > Apps that Won't Be Put to Sleep ---  I have WHMCS as the only app in that group

Edited by myautodj

Hmm... I've got a Samsung as well and all of the power management options are good. It might be an issue with Samsung phones only but I'm not sure

We faced similar issue but with ChatStack so I tried a free trigger app which will notify you if detect matching text such as "new chat" or "new ticket".

I am not sure, but I found that in the new version, Android changed some notification method so with old version of android you cannot get the notification without opening your app.